Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a brand new 336A waffle top! Well it's not new, made in 1950,so I guess it's 70. It is in really good condition,but has its warts. Some previous owner put some holes in it, but thankfully not in the waffle top. Please don't be afraid to comment, good or bad. I just installed the sight that will live on it as long as I own it. Have to repair the two sling holes/bullseye. Not sure about the scope mount yet, it may be out of the way enough that it can stay.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
You have the sweetest model of Marlin that was made. Those are not warts, they are character.
If the sling stud holes bother you, replace the bullseye, and fill in the forearm hole with an epoxy.
Andrew

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great project. Show that stock love and care and it will respond in kind. You will have a beauty.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very nice. I've seen enough Marlins with a hole in the bulls eye that I bought four the last time I needed one. They're cheaper than the shipping and handling charge. Have fun, that should clean up nicely.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Just got a brand new 336A waffle top! Well it's not new, made in 1950,so I guess it's 70. It is in really good condition,but has its warts. Some previous owner put some holes in it, but thankfully not in the waffle top. Please don't be afraid to comment, good or bad. I just installed the sight that will live on it as long as I own it. Have to repair the two sling holes/bullseye. Not sure about the scope mount yet, it may be out of the way enough that it can stay.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I can help you with a new Bullseye: https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-parts-accessories-only/85946-marlin-bullseyes-sale.html

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Love those 48,49,50 Waffle Tops.Made before they changed the trigger!!!:bandit:

·
Premium Member
18,009 Posts
Sounds like you have a nice project gun that just needs some minor repairs and some TLC. We'll be looking forward to the "after" photos! :bandit:

Reactions: Maineiac

·
Registered
672 Posts
If it were mine, I would replace Bullseye and drill correct placement of rear and install QD studs. BUT, it is yours and you should do what makes YOU happy!!!!!!

Reactions: Maineiac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, not bad. My1950 336RC looks in similar condition. All i've done is replace some screws and add a Williams peep sight. It shoots well. Also looking forward to some after pictures and how it shoots info.

·
Registered
319 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts