Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
336 Apr 14 1 Small.jpg View attachment 336 Apr 14 2 Sm.jpg Quigley Apr 14 2 Sm.jpg Quigley Apr 14 Sm.jpg

We picked up these at Midwest Gunworks yesterday. The 336 35 Rem was originally in fair condition, but we had it re-blued and the stock refinished. It's wearing some of Levergun Leatherworks' beautiful work.

The Quigley had an MVA Winchester B scope mounted.

Now for some range time.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
WOWWOW (that's a double WOW!) Thanks for the pics! John

Reactions: Grunt69

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Always wanted one of the falling blocks you have a very nice pair of guns

·
Administrator
28,299 Posts
Grunt, that's a great pair of shooting irons. The 336 35REM turned out fantastic and Lever does do some great work. What year is this Marlin?

Love the Quigley!!! One of these days I'm going to have to purchase one. I'm looking forward to a range report and more pictures. :biggrin:

Jack

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice, they look beautiful!

Reactions: JACKTW and Grunt69

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Grunt, that's a great pair of shooting irons. The 336 35REM turned out fantastic and Lever does do some great work. What year is this Marlin?

Love the Quigley!!! One of these days I'm going to have to purchase one. I'm looking forward to a range report and more pictures. :biggrin:

Jack
The 336 is my wife's rifle. It's a 1970 model. The Quigley is a load to hump around, but what fun to shoot. I can't wait to get it to the range with that scope. I had a tough time with trifocals and the peep.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy and 45nut

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Those are beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Those are sweet!!

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
At the time I researched the Sharps and 1885s I was surprised at the different calibers available for them. Lot of them modern. Including 30-30.

I still think about a 30 inch bbled .32 Special and a Magnum research revolver to match. If only I could hit that right lottery numbers. ;)

·
Administrator
28,299 Posts
The 336 is my wife's rifle. It's a 1970 model. The Quigley is a load to hump around, but what fun to shoot. I can't wait to get it to the range with that scope. I had a tough time with trifocals and the peep.
Grunt, your wife must love her Marlin, simply beautiful. And yes, the Quigley has a tad bit of heft to lug around but they are very sweet to shoot. I'm not so sure I wouldn't opt for the scope myself, I'm graduating from peeps to scopes on all my rifles. Heck, I shoot much better seeing what I'm aiming at too. :biggrin:

Jack

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
A beautiful pair for sure! Congratulations on them. DP

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Beautiful times two! :congrats:

·
Registered
20,518 Posts
Beautiful lookin' shooters!

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Grunt69 - Nice looking rifles. What caliber is your Sharps? Scope looks nice. Remember, a lot of Sharps were shot across sticks and were carried on horseback. Will watch for range report.:biggrin: Shenandoah

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Nice rifles!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If only I could hit that right lottery numbers. ;)
Well, good luck with that one :) Rich uncles, becoming a gigilo to a rich widow, etc. None of them are working for me.

I'm thinking .30-30, and all the money I'll be saving on dies and bullets I already have in the basement shop. Just need another $1200 or so to bridge the difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts