Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
:congrats::congrats:.........................Shine On!..........

Tom

·
Registered
51 Posts
Umm. You know Independence Day is all about the rebellion against the English, right? The rebellion over untaxed whiskey came later.

·
Registered
504 Posts
None of the four was specifically part of the Declaration of Independence, but I don't think that was quite the point.
I'm not sure what the point is supposed to be. moonshine is still illegal, the Confederacy surrendered to the Union and was reconstrucred, the Bible is under attack and losing ground, and lever actions are a hunting rifle, not a military rifle. I fail to see what any of those really has to do with independence. for example, they may still be enjoyed in Great Britain.

the picture was nicely taken, however.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm not sure what the point is supposed to be. moonshine is still illegal, the Confederacy surrendered to the Union and was reconstrucred, the Bible is under attack and losing ground, and lever actions are a hunting rifle, not a military rifle. I fail to see what any of those really has to do with independence. for example, they may still be enjoyed in Great Britain.

the picture was nicely taken, however.
Plumbum, it's a southern thang.

If i had to explain, you wouldn't understand.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Shoot... I was raised up north, and this ol' Yankee gets it just fine... The minutemen took on the world's most formidable army of the day with hunting rifles. The Stars and Bars represent the notion of a sovereign people's rights to determine their own destiny. The home distiller and untaxed liquor represents the rebellious nature of those unfairly taxed for their burdens. And, while the principles of Christianity are under attack and in a dramatic state of decline, there is still comfort and peace to be found in the words of the greatest book ever written.

Nice photo and a timely sentiment.

·
Administrator
28,338 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... with the OP's picture one could write a book!

And for those who need help getting it...
71468_423373107744149_212809277_n.jpg
Can I hear an Amen?

Jack

·
Registered
504 Posts
Shoot... I was raised up north, and this ol' Yankee gets it just fine... The minutemen took on the world's most formidable army of the day with hunting rifles. The Stars and Bars represent the notion of a sovereign people's rights to determine their own destiny. The home distiller and untaxed liquor represents the rebellious nature of those unfairly taxed for their burdens. And, while the principles of Christianity are under attack and in a dramatic state of decline, there is still comfort and peace to be found in the words of the greatest book ever written.
I understand all of that, but those are not freedoms we enjoy here in the US, and the title of this thread is "The Essence of My Freedom."

those things are all the opposite of freedoms.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words... with the OP's picture one could write a book!

And for those who need help getting it...
View attachment 110164
Can I hear an Amen?

Jack
Amen! I'd never seen that quote before. They've been working on dismantling our constitution since the day it was written.

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I believe the essence of freedom is being able to have the freedom of choice and speech as stated in the constitution.The freedom that our forefathers and military fought and died to preserve.The same constitution that the liberals want to change,so they can control your freedoms.Remember ,we also have the freedom to vote the liberals out!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Very nicely done Sir.
Freedom to believe, freedom of thought, and a bull headed willingness to fight for the right.
I once saw a similar composition which also included the stars and stripes with the stars and bars.
We'll fight for our rights to disagree...we have our family spats.... but you shoot at my brother, I'll kill you.
Ask anyone who shared a foxhole under fire, or lost a buddy.
I didn't earn the right to wear "Semper Fi", but honor those who have.
I hold the message close as do all those in service and most Americans, I think...

Reactions: plumbernater

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
An essence of freedom is as much a state of mind as it is a state being.

If we think of ourselves as a free people, regardless of the imposition of tyrannical oppression, restriction of certain liberties, alienation of sovereign rights, the burdens of unfair taxation, and yet we still have the means to defend ourselves (even with a lowly Marlin 336), then an over-bearing regime still has plenty to worry about.

Yeah, this Yankee understands. Too bad that so many Americans have thrown their hands up,shook their heads, and walked away discouraged.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts