Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
This Derringer is the most, quite possibly the most versatile; derringer ever made, and where else would it be made at , none other than Texas" The mfg. is located just south of Dallas , in Granbury Tx. It come's in Just about what ever caliber you want it to come in , and each is made to accept" just about what ever caliber inter changeable barrels you would like . Take's about 30 seconds and an Allen wrench to inter change the 12 or 13 different caliber barrels for the thing... Made by Bond Arms Inc. An Excellent Small C/C weapon.... Choose your center fire caliber " clear up to 3 & 1/2 inch 4~10 gauge double 0 buckshot barrels .... with Rifling . These little pistol's are well know in the Cowboy Shooter Association .

Gun Comparison - Bond Arms

Use the link above to compare the different models and barrel calibers ....

Magnum6

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I clicked onto the link. I never saw the guns but saw prices between 500 and 1000, I have to say derringers are cool but not at that price for me. I have seen some real cool derringer's lately but I have not been looking at prices either. I saw a guy buy one for 200 a few years back and I thought he was crazy. He was happy though so each to their own. I wouldn't mind owning one my self but I may have to do some real research when I do.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
slgbba, when you click on the link put your pointer on the gun name in red & a picture of the gun will appear.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Bond Derringers are cool but most weigh more than my Glock 19.
They are bigger than you think as well. My wife wanted one real bad
but after she tried to cock and dry fire one that ended that.
These are big heavy mans guns.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yeah, Bond deringers (only one "r") are cool. Interchangeable barrels, all stainless, gorgeous works of art - and priced accordingly. If that's what you are looking for, more power to you.

However, if you are looking for a practical EDC gun, something like a 357 Mag Ruger LCR is less expensive, lighter, easier to carry, far easier to shoot and holds 2.5x the number of rounds. Your mileage, as always, may vary.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
These are beautiful, well made guns. I seriously considered getting one (and I still am since I'm a WEAK man when it comes to cool guns), but for concealed carry, they are about the same size as my XDs with far fewer rounds available. I like the extra barrel options, but then you start getting into pretty serious money for the package. Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got three barrel sets 45/410, 22, and .327. The 45/410 barrel is about the loudest thing I ever heard. Mostly use the .327 with something like 32 S&W just for fun. It's not a target gun for sure. I'm trying to get them to send me a .327 barrel without the chamber cut, so I can do a 32-20, but I don't think they'll do it. I think the 32-20 would be a real cool offering... to go with the SSA and the levergun.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Seems pricey to me based upon what you actually are buying. Not many moving parts and very short barrels.

But the market will determine whether pricing is too high for buyers. This company will succeed or fail based upon sales.

TR

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The option of having a snake barrel (if I ever went anywhere were I needed that option--talk about "justification" issues) is a good thing. Bud's gun shop has 'em for significantly less than the Manf. suggested price.... Damn....I'm supposed to give up the irresponsible spending since I'm on a fixed income now...

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Good guns, but too heavy and too expensive. Don't quote me on this, but I think the long barreled 45/410 version is as heavy as my old model Vaquero 44 mag with a 5.5" barrel. Plus,......my Vaquero holds 4 more........

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
The option of having a snake barrel (if I ever went anywhere were I needed that option--talk about "justification" issues) is a good thing. Bud's gun shop has 'em for significantly less than the Manf. suggested price.... Damn....I'm supposed to give up the irresponsible spending since I'm on a fixed income now...
Now how on earth can you be a responsible gun owner and call it irresponsible spending?
Seems like an investment in firearms is essential to be a responsible gun owner.
Hope that helped - a misguided conscience can really get in the way if you're not careful. ;)

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Derringers are cool!But,for me,a derringer would serve no other purpose other than a collectible.Derringers are not a practical carry piece.They were in the saloon days of the old West.But not today.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an older model Century 2000. This is a well made gun. Mine has 3" chambers in .410 or 45lc. Not for the faint of heart with full loads. I would not recommend this platform for self defense against people. Snakes or rodents at close range are a different story. The trigger pull is terrible. This can be overcome by removing the trigger guard if your model allows and placing trigger finger on the bottom of the trigger. The newer models have an "improved" trigger design. Fun gun for special applications. Have fun shoot often.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts