Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day to all my MO and ANZMO mates. I've been absent for a few months, as the old Black Dog, depression, came to visit. Nothing too serious, the b#$tard has paid a visit about 3 or 4 times in my nearly 50 years. These days I don't really see him sneaking up but recognise him pretty quickly once he's here.
Backed off the the things that feed him, like the world news, grog, sloth and gluttony.
More of the things that make the mongrel turn tail and run, like exercise, good food and sleep, some counselling and medication. All work like a glass of water on a parched plant.
So once again replenished, mostly, and wiser for it, hopefully.

It didn't stop me shooting....:biggrin:

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Very happy you came out the other side Scott.

Mark.

Reactions: Owen49 and wags2477

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Howdy wags
Glad to see you back!
Yeah been there before. Sometimes we needed to cut that evil head OFF, and start over.

Glad you're doing better.....:tee:

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
.....It didn't stop me shooting....:biggrin:......(snip).......
Good man. Doing the things you love is always helpful. And you have plenty of nice firepower to help put a smile back on your dial. Pleased to hear you're on the comeback trail.

Best wishes, curan.

Reactions: wags2477

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Sorry to hear you got a bit bogged down mate, good to hear you got around it, he's a sneaky little bugger sometimes. If there's ever anything I can do, ya only got to ask, been there done that.

GUS

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
wags, glad you're back. Glad things worked out and you're back to your old self, take care, John.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good to have you back Scott.
Glad you have it under control.

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Wags,

Glad to see you back.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good to know things are right, I too, have been there and back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to hear it mate and am also glad you sought help as that is the most important thing you can do.

I've gone through the same deal since my early twenties and when things start to slide out of control it gets hard, BUT, once you realise there is always light at the end of the tunnel it makes things that much easier to bear. Plus, us blokes need to talk about how we're feeling more instead of letting things build up, something I'm slowly getting better at!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Glad to hear ya doin' ok Scott. Never had depression and I guess it's hard to understand unless you go through it yourself. Keep ya chin up buddy.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all. I appreciate the responses. And I do think we as men can share this stuff and all be stronger for it. Now get back to the guns.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts