950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just in case anyone doubts what's at risk this November

Main Points -- see site for details
Hold gun manufacturers accountable.
Get weapons of war off our streets.
Keep guns out of dangerous hands
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions
Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons
Incentivize state “extreme risk”
(aka 'red flag') laws
Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs
Adequately fund the background check system

ADDRESSING THE DEADLY COMBINATION OF GUNS AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

·
Super Moderator
26,226 Posts
What weapons of war? Semi-autos are not classified as weapons of war.

His list is a lot of emotional political rhetoric that happens to step all over commerce laws.

But the one that must be a NO-GO is holding gun MFG'ers accountable. Since knives and hammers kill more people annually, will those MFG'ers be held accountable? Where does it stop?

Biden is appeasing the anti-gun crowd. No biggie, they won't vote for Trump anyway but Trump is still gonna win!

Jack

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't disagree with this:
"Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons"
assuming he his referring to convicted felons. That will all likely get sidetracked we in becomes clear that that will impact his base more than his opposition.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
What weapons of war? Semi-autos are not classified as weapons of war.

His list is a lot of emotional political rhetoric that happens to step all over commerce laws.

But the one that must be a NO-GO is holding gun MFG'ers accountable. Since knives and hammers kill more people annually, will those MFG'ers be held accountable? Where does it stop?

Biden is appeasing the anti-gun crowd. No biggie, they won't vote for Trump anyway but Trump is still gonna win!

Jack
I know, why don't we make murder illegel? The loony left seems to think that the the solution to all problems is more laws and bigger government.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'd ignore pretty much anything he says...as Biden is suffering from age-related "dimwitism." I heard that he recently said he was running for Senate in November and he even remarked at one point that he was running against Biden. I would be more concerned about H.R. 5717 which AFAIK is still on the books. I believe that they are sitting on it and waiting to see which way the election goes. Since they have a majority in the House, HR5717 could be problematic. It contains many of the same bullet points as above and IIRC a few not mentioned in Biden's plan. I think HR5717 even mentioned California style regulation of ammunition purchases and mandatory storage requirements ie. safes, locks etc. Consider the source - Hank Johnson of Georgia penned 5717.

·
Registered
19,682 Posts
If there were a grand poobah of D'bags...it would be uncle joe!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I don't disagree with this:
"Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons"
assuming he his referring to convicted felons. That will all likely get sidetracked we in becomes clear that that will impact his base more than his opposition.
i am on the fence on that, shocked? well there have been a lot of people with a felony conviction. it dose not mean it was violent, it could have been a bad check case, a driving offence ect. i say if it was not a violent crime and you did your time on probation or jail you should have all of your civil rights restored! dose it follow you around forever if you once did something stupid? if that were the case we would all be it trouble!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
A felony designation by your government does not nullify your natural right to self-defense, regardless what weapon you use. Period.
That's always been a very problematic issue for 2A supporters like me. I hate to see people lose their Rights after they have served their time and paid their debt to society. IMHO at that point, a person should have a clean slate and be allowed to resume life as a normal Citizen with full restoration of Rights. OTOH, we all know that there are simply people out there - especially the violence prone ones - who probably shouldn't possess firearms no matter what. Then again, those same folks aren't going to obey the law anyway, and will still possess firearms. Like I said, it is a touchy issue and one with no easy answer.

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
The answer to that is very easy:
Absolutely no restrictions to firearms possession and ownership by any citizen of this nation.
Self-defense is an individual responsibility. An armed society...is a well-defended society.
R/Griff
P.S.—Has it not occurred to anyone that guns in the hands of our domestic government poses the highest threat to our liberties, one that must be met with equal force if we are to continue to be a free country?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Has it not occurred to anyone that guns in the hands of our domestic government poses the highest threat to our liberties, one that must be met with equal force if we are to continue to be a free country?
IMHO the only reason we are still free is because of our firearms. Imagine what this place would look like right now if we had been disarmed 20 years ago. Yikes 😯

Reactions: jgriffin1988

·
Registered
962 Posts
Biden has been rabidly anti 2nd amendment since I was a young man.

Many people including me have remarked on what a "XXXX show" 2020 has been. Upon somber reflection I have started to think 2021 could even be worse. If President Trump wins re-election the left is going to become unhinged. They are pretty bad now but I think much more open violence will be upon us. If Biden wins, the persecutions will begin. We will have a justice system with two standards. One for the left and one for conservatives. ANTIFA and BLM will run unchecked. Right now these folks are seen with firearms openly displayed while burning buildings and law enforcement seems to do nothing. How will this look with the democrats running things? I would be making plans for these outcomes NOW.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Biden and the Democrats are following a very old game plan, step by step.
It was written by Karl Marx in 1848, and is titled "The Communist Manifesto"
This is available in PDF on the internet for free, for those who want to read and understand the Democrat game plan.

In summary:

• Elimination of private property
• Expropriation of landowners property
• Confiscation of rebels' property
• Organization of labor in the Commune
• Equal obligation on society to work
• State centralization of money and credit
• Increase in the number of State-run factories
• State-run education of all children
• Abolish competition in favor of the Commune
• Abolish religion in favor of the Commune

Those wanting to see how this plays out, please read Ayn Rand's novel, "Atlas Shrugged".
It is lengthy and detailed, but it illustrates exactly the failure of communism.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
we better hope the polls are fake just like with hitler clinton was,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
164 Posts
The answer to that is very easy:
Absolutely no restrictions to firearms possession and ownership by any citizen of this nation.
Self-defense is an individual responsibility. An armed society...is a well-defended society.
R/Griff
P.S.—Has it not occurred to anyone that guns in the hands of our domestic government poses the highest threat to our liberties, one that must be met with equal force if we are to continue to be a free country?
I believe the quote you want is and I don’t know whom coined it.
“An armed society is a polite society.”
Those that won’t conform will live short lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where's the mention of a double barrel shotgun? Wasn't that his answer back in the Obama years...? :p:p:p

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If President Trump wins re-election the left is going to become unhinged. They are pretty bad now but I think much more open violence will be upon us. If Biden wins, the persecutions will begin. We will have a justice system with two standards. One for the left and one for conservatives. ANTIFA and BLM will run unchecked. Right now these folks are seen with firearms openly displayed while burning buildings and law enforcement seems to do nothing. How will this look with the democrats running things? I would be making plans for these outcomes NOW.
I'm beginning to wonder if the present exhibition is a sort of threat regarding what will happen if Biden does NOT win. It's almost like they are trying to intimidate the uncommitted voters with "OR ELSE!"...making them afraid to vote for Trump. They want to portray a Biden Presidency as the lesser of two evils...an alternative to the certain chaos and destruction that would follow if he does lose. As for me, I'll take my chances with irate Liberals taking to the streets. We simply cannot withstand 4 years of Biden at the helm and a Democrat dominated House.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts