Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they did the work, did it well, and did it in a pretty timely manner if a bit longer than predicted.

I sent the gun (475/480 BFR) from the Anchorage Fed Ex on August 11. Magnum Reserch got it on the 12th. They replaced the pawl and test fired it ten times instead of only once like they did at the time of manufacture and put if back in the Fed Ex system on the afternoon of Sept 26. It arrived in Anchorage before 10 am on the 27th according to their tracking. Then it disappeared. I forgot how Fed Ex works in roadless Alaska - they contract with the Postal System. Consequently, it kind of loses its "Priority Overnight" status :roll: . Anyway, I picked it up yesterday from the local postmaster and they seem to have gotten the problem fixed. The cylinder locks simultaneously with the hammer cocking. The sound is virtually one and the same. I did try to see if I could see which happens first by dragging a finger on the cylinder and, in that situation, the hammer still ***** and the gun could fire "out of battery" but the misalignment would only be ever so slight. I actually doubt that it will ever cause any problems unless the gun gets dirty and things get sluggish. It kind of makes me wonder if timing is a difficuly in the design of five shot revolvers.

We'll see how it goes. It's a good shooting gun and it'll serve until Ruger builds a single action 480.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts