Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a few hours this afternoon fishing from the public docks at Williams Bay on Geneva Lake. I figured it would be more relaxing than being part of the summer weekend combat boating.
The basics today were a slip bobber, split shot, hook and a crawler for bait.
Here is a couple photos of some Pumpkin Seeds I caught. I landed just over a dozen of them, the biggest about 9 inches. They are still all swimming.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
I mostly fish streams and rivers because it is relaxing. It's out of style and there isn't near the people doing it anymore. The local
Lakes that have unlimited HP I don't go near in the summer months. The boaters would drive you crazy. The 3 big lakes with 10hp
limit are not that bad, maybe a little more activity on summer weekends but not bad. My only gripe is when there are Bass Tournaments, for some reason they think their tournament over rides everybody else. I don't want to leave out trollers, they get
honorable mention for second place in the PIA division. That's why I love to fish in northern Canada, sometimes you never see
anyone for a week, especially when you go in Spring or fall.

·
Registered
25,114 Posts
It's nice to go back to the basics. Good for the head, and throwing them back is good for the soul.

Or, they do cook up great in a skillet with butter, salt and pepper!

Gr8rtst.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
My grandson was a fishing nut when he was little, and he never met a grocery he didn't like. There is a old Narrow Gauge Rail Road
pond about 1/4mile down the hollow from my house. Many times we would walk down there and catch Bluegill. Well GS got into the
stage he wanted to keep the fish. I put him off by telling him they weren't big enough. He wanted to know how big they had to be.
I said big enough for a sandwich. The next time we went he pulls out a 8"ER and I told him it was to little to keep. He reached in
his bag and whipped out his Guage, a hamburger bun. He put it on grampa, I had to clean Bluegills from then on. He was worse
squirrel hunting, he would have it on 1st bounce and want to head home for Squirrel & gravy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.