Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving aside all this Marlin talk are you chaps from Australasia aware that once again the Ashes are about to stay whence they belong?

G'day

Grovesie

·
Registered
519 Posts
All to aware, according to Aussie media....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cricket, Niftus. Particularly, a hotly contested series of matches between England and Australia. England have retained the "prize", The Ashes, in a strange set of games....

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Yes, Congratulations are in order. Well played.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Cricket, Niftus. Particularly, a hotly contested series of matches between England and Australia. England have retained the "prize", The Ashes, in a strange set of games....
Ahhhh, thanks and congratulations. Your bats are rather different from our bats.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thank you...

Yep, different they are, but still as capable for dispatching zombies! (See Shaun of the Dead)

Your bats were popular here at one time but declined between the wars. There is even a football stadium that belies it's past, Derby County's home was called the Baseball Ground. My son who is a Sports major, said that baseball's decline in the UK was because it wasn't played anywhere else in the British Empire...... Cricket on the other hand..

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Cricket explained for our colonial cousins: You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Cricket explained for our colonial cousins: You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
Thanks for clearin that up! I guess. But the waters still a little murky.

·
Registered
557 Posts
the scariest thing about this explanation is that i actually understood it—thanks to six years of living in Jamaica! No problem, mon!

Reactions: EnglishBob and Oz

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I do have some understanding if the ashes, just cuz my favorite show is Top Gear: UK.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Well I had to break out my any language to Texan dictionary and now I get the gist of it:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I do have some understanding if the ashes, just cuz my favorite show is Top Gear: UK.
Heck ya I like that one better than the topgear us and I even belong to the Top Gear UK panel:biggrin:.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Heck ya I like that one better than the topgear us and I even belong to the Top Gear UK panel:biggrin:.
I liked the US one, but it ain't on anymore that I can find. But the UK One is much better.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Excellent...I was totally confused by the 2nd sentence...:vollkommenauf:..!!

It makes The Abbott & Costello "Who's On First" skit easy to follow..:biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts