Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no experience with this caliber but let me tell you what happened. I went to my local gun shop after work tonight looking for a Williams peep sight for my 444ss. I found one and the clerks says that it was on sale for 10% off, in fact everything in the store is 10% off..Well now you know I have to start a lookin' at the guns. I come across the Marlins and find 2 336CB's in 38/55 one for $529 and the other for $519..hmmm, I figure the $519 has been on the rack longer..Now this is where it really gets good..I pick it up and must state this is probably the sweetest Marlin I have EVER brought to my shoulder. Picking up the rifle for about $468 even makes it better.

Now I reload so hopefully this is not a problem? And I have a 30/30 and 444 already. What kind of cartdridge am I looking at? What advantage over the 30/30 does it have? And what kind of ballistics should I expect? The sale ends Sunday so respond quick?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
You will enjoy the 38-55 CB. I shoot my I size mine to .380 ast he bore is .3792. Jacketes bullets with full power loads or mild plinkers shoot well also. I grew up with Marlins on a Ranch, and I treasure the slim forend and Octagon barrel of the CB.

·
Registered
688 Posts
It is great and beats the .35 Remington. Not with the factory stuff mind you, but when reloaded, it is great. You don't need to shoot jacketed but there are some good bullets out there like from Stone Fence and Barnes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have looked for Stone Fence on the internet, but can not find it. Would you put up their web site address? Thanks, Taylor

·
Registered
688 Posts
Stone Fence is a forum member. He shoots a .38-55 and makes some darn good bullets. Look for him under members and send him a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts