Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good article in the April edition of American Rifleman on the. 35 round and a 336C used in testing. It examines the round, it's reloading capabilities and is complementary as a preferred brush round.

Though not extensive in scope, it's good to see one of our favorite rounds and rifles among the more renowned in a major publication.

Ss

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Wonder if we will now see a rise in the asking and selling price for used .35 Remington Marlins?? Nothing like a well written magazine article to excite the potential buyers....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wonder if we will now see a rise in the asking and selling price for used .35 Remington Marlins?? Nothing like a well written magazine article to excite the potential buyers....
that's what I was thinking. A couple of issues ago AR did an article on the .25-06 and after that one of my friends suddenly had a huge interest in the cartridge and wanted to buy a gun in it because he said it would be a good compromise for a combo varmint/deer rifle.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Saw that article as well. Got my American Rifleman yesterday . Good read. The guys that own a 35 cal know that stuff already. Myself included.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Also the April edition of the "Handloader" has an article on Cast Bullets In A Micro Grooved Barrel and the rifle used is a Marlin in .35 Remington.

w30wcf

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My observation is that te .35s go for a bit of a premium anyway... sometimes into the silly stratosphere.
It's a good round, and I have a couple of levers, as well as a TC and Remington XP... but my go to hardware remains the 30-30.
Dead is dead, both work fine, and especially enjoyable with cast bullets.

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll have to give it a read.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Always thought the .35 should be made into a revolver by Magnum Research.
Well, the Single Shot guys love the .35R, and get almost as much zip from the round as the folks shooting lever guns.

My thought is it would be OK if I had a gun bearer, as the BFR's etc. are pretty "tank like".

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to this game. 1951 336A 1951 30-30 and 1974 336A .35 Rem so far. Missed a 1894 .44 at recent sale because it went through the roof. nice gun though. Have to keep the other half happy too. I think the addiction may be growing to incurable dimensions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts