Marlin Firearms Forum banner

18401 - 18420 of 18606 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,999 Posts
Long day today! But I survived!
It seems I have a 9mm that don't like 115 gr hollow points! Stove pipes and jams the action sideways.

While my Ruger 93DC will eat all 9mm I threw at it and look for more!

hollow point I was shooting today!

Hot reloads I bought years ago at a gun show! Finished them off today!

Sorry for being so talkative tonight! lol!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
4,740 Posts
Evening John, just tending to a sore back for the rest of the night. Hopefully, you get your release papers soon.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Work, work, work---one more day to go this week.

·
Super Moderator
33,999 Posts
morning all.....
grass to finish cutting today and guns to clean also. Haven't drove the mustang in two weeks! Gas prices are all over the place here! Some stations are .20 cents higher then others!
In Baton Rouge yesterday we had a democrat congress woman threaten a republican congress man with a gun! You will not hear this in the news! Over a bill he killed! It was all caught on a hot mike!

enjoy your day!

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Who’s in charge of your schedule? I took the day off today. The sooner you transition to 3-day weekends the better you’ll feel.
Not gonna happen---we gotta support the troops downrange. They often need help when we are shut down for the weekend. Getting another day off is a no-go at this station.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
My 454 Casull Ruger Red Hawk makes my 45 Colt Ruger Vaquero look small.............

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
If you shoot full up 240 gr loads---you won't shoot the pistol for long in any range session. A moderate load using Unigue (around 1,500 FPS MV) is not bad recoil-wise and still very capable of downing any deer or bear.

·
Super Moderator
12,850 Posts
I was wondering Jay, as I have considered moving up from my 629 and want the same relative compactness, would the Bisley, say 4/58 be the ticket. No, I would not expect much range time. The object would be establish the load for woods backup, sight in ....... be done with it. The 629 had always been in the timber with me up in Montana, Wyoming.

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Hey, John—forget that nasty caliber and just find yourself a .41 Magnum. They make big things dead, permanent-like.
You will have to develop a load, of course. My 6.5” NMBH likes 20 grains of H110 under a 210gr HP. Heard tell, you can go with hard-cast up to 265gr or so and cut trees in half.

18401 - 18420 of 18606 Posts