Marlin Firearms Forum banner

18381 - 18400 of 18606 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Mine were mostly bought used---lightly used but not new. So---I didn't have to spend as much moola. My TALO 3.75 inch SS SBH in 44 Mag is a hard to find Ruger. But for some reason--no one bid for it on GB except me back in 2014. I couldn't buy that revolver now for 500 bucks like I did back in the day. Got a lot of my Rugers like that. We live in crazy over priced times now!

·
Super Moderator
12,850 Posts
Really at this point, I'm not needing much more in the way of handguns other than having the urge to changeup my CC carry, Maybe the 365, maybe. That and my field carry backup sidearm is my 629-2 which I've been thinking about going with a 454 Casull in a similar size package though a bit more barrel length maybe ..............and, always open to a 1911 deal.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
I am glad my 454 Casull has a 7 inch barrel. It is definitely a hand cannon. I like my Sig P365 as a CCW daily carry. Accurate, dependable, and small.

·
Super Moderator
12,850 Posts
That's the thing Jay, dependability. I'm a bit skittish with autos. My 1911 (no issues) was given a 'reliability' job, yet I still insist on loading up with hardball. This is due to the many years of qualification with my P220 which would stovepipe one maybe every 3rd or 4th qualification session using the various hollowpoint duty ammo. No problems for now it seems, with hardball ammo.

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
I only carry revolvers as my bear back-up while hunting. Don't trust a semi-auto while in the woods. I know that is silly considering that I carry a 9mm as a CCW piece. I guess bears scary me more than people do--LOL!

·
Super Moderator
25,117 Posts
Night John!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What kind of motorcycles do you have Phreddie?
2- 1983 Suzuki GS1100 One is an ESD mint condition with less than 100miles on it and the other is a plain ol D model that puts about 175 ponies to the pavement. I built it after one of the motorcycle magazines did one they called the beast. 1425cc big bore kit cams that look like the rocky mountains 33mm mikuni smoothbore carbs. Falicon crank yoshimura ported and polished head with 1mm oversized intake valves and an unmuffled Yoshimura 4 into one header. In the crate is a complete turbo kit and a nitrous oxide kit. The ESD is stock and has in the crate with it a set of Lockhart lowers. Not quite ready to let go.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
Afternoon all. Getting ready to go into my final meeting for the day. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Wouldn't you know it I buy a Ruger Blackhawk 44mag off of GB and now I may have the opportunity to pick one up locally. I may end up with 2.
Nothing wrong with having a couple.
Heck, I have a pair, and a pair of Vaqueros, a pair of single sixes, one SBH, and just recently picked up a Wrangler.
Guess you can say I like Ruger revolvers.

RP

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,740 Posts
Mine were mostly bought used---lightly used but not new. So---I didn't have to spend as much moola. My TALO 3.75 inch SS SBH in 44 Mag is a hard to find Ruger. But for some reason--no one bid for it on GB except me back in 2014. I couldn't buy that revolver now for 500 bucks like I did back in the day. Got a lot of my Rugers like that. We live in crazy over priced times now!
The one I bought yesterday is a Talo 3.75" SS SBH in 44mag.

·
Registered
10,568 Posts
The only NMBH I have is in .41 magnum.
It might need a new main spring, how difficult is it to replace? Where best to get one on order?
Not that big of a job, but as to where you get one I'm not sure.
Might check Numrich gun parts.

RP

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Phreddie, my first motorcycle was a Suzuki GS300L. I got it from a guy I went to technical school with the first full year I was in the Navy, 1989. Incidentally, that was the only bike I laid down, too.
I crashed more times than carter has liver pills. I was semi pro desert racer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
33,998 Posts
afternoon!
Salesman came to my house at the time he said, took a whole bunch of pictures of all my electrical boxes outside and inside, took pictures of my heating system in house, noted my huge freezer and refrigerator, will have to have a new line ran from current gas meter to where the Generac will go, transfer switch to control power, when it notices no electricity at meter. so on and so on!
Total turnkey with a 22KW installed on a pad with taxes and permits is $11,219.00
This running off natural gas. It produces less power on natural gas.
Did I agree to it! Hell yes! Installation date is August 26 2021.

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
4,740 Posts
Here are my 2 new to me 44mag Ruger SBH’s and the rest of my BH family.

Attachments

18381 - 18400 of 18606 Posts