Marlin Firearms Forum banner

17821 - 17840 of 17894 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
John---
MO member rjtmac is a genius at restoring rifles. He lives in TX but maybe it would be worth sending the rifle to him. He does some fantastic work as shown in his threads here on the site.

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
Evening all. Yard work is complete and the rain got pushed back.

·
Super Moderator
33,045 Posts
Evening all................................!

Back from Texas, BIL handed me a remeington model 60 to shoot whatever trying to get at his chickens..! what ever it is raids the chicken feeder then tries to get to chickens. I was out at 0200 and it had came and gone! Searched the tree limbs looking for eyes. nothing! Put rifle back in the corner at back door and stretched out on the couch to sleep!
Morgan City in morning with two machines. Then drink machines to put back together for rest of day...........! My stock to sell!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
Morning all. Rainy day here. Taking the cat to the vet this morning to have some teeth pulled--she sure is costing me some money! Then its another telework day for me.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Good morning all ..........low 80's here. Some short quick 'update' meetings this morning. My 'short' week as long as my brother holds up his end of the deal. He flies that jet corporate stuff as a hobby ...a hobby! Must be nice.

Okay ............let's do this! Have a good/safe day all............

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
Afternoon all. It has been a busy day today between meetings, deliveries and constant questions that I don't have any answers to. One more meeting at 2pm today and that should be it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rainy, dreary day here in north central Colorado. Waiting for some sunshine so I can go to the range and try out my new to me Phreddie approved remlin 336in 30.30. ran a bore scope thru it and he disassembled the rifle and cleaned it up. He said it's in really good shape and a steal of a deal at $275. I am going to have the grouch put a scope on it. A question for you guys is (shooting to 150yds) what scope should I put on it?

Rob

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
Rainy, dreary day here in north central Colorado. Waiting for some sunshine so I can go to the range and try out my new to me Phreddie approved remlin 336in 30.30. ran a bore scope thru it and he disassembled the rifle and cleaned it up. He said it's in really good shape and a steal of a deal at $275. I am going to have the grouch put a scope on it. A question for you guys is (shooting to 150yds) what scope should I put on it?

Rob

A Leupold, Vortex, or Redfield in 1-4X or 2-7X would be ideal for that rifle at the range you will be shooting it.

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
What Jay said^^^

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, grouch told me order the Vortex. I think he's quit drinking coffee and I know he has found a way to make some money. He says quit bothering him until the scope and rings come in. Little does he know I will be back at his house in an hour!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
33,045 Posts
I'm thrilled everybody! I will be a new owner of a Marlin model 99 M1. Susan will be gone for the majority of this month! Seems a few tree rats will disappear from the oak tree in front yard!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
I'm thrilled everybody! I will be a new owner of a Marlin model 99 M1. Susan will be gone for the majority of this month! Seems a few tree rats will disappear from the oak tree in front yard!
View attachment 845789

ca'jun56
Very nice Cajun!

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
View attachment 845789

ca'jun56
Very nice addition to the stable.

17821 - 17840 of 17894 Posts