Marlin Firearms Forum banner

17801 - 17820 of 17894 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Jake, not sure. It depends on many variables. One thing for sure, if I can make money, part time here and live where I want, then I'll probably never retire. If not, probably another five years or so.

I'd like some land of my own maybe up in Wyoming, Montana or Idaho for fair weather times then Elk/Deer season. Home would be maybe Arizona .......warmer weather for my old butt and closer to the plant.

Plans, always big big plans.

·
Super Moderator
33,045 Posts
Evening to everybody!
Heading to east texas in morning. spending the night with bil and his wife, Susan is coming too! Waskum,TX is the location.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Totally understand that. My wife is a nurse, so I know she wouldn't have trouble finding something. It's just convincing her to move that far away.

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
I am retiring to ID in about 4-5 years. Got family in eastern WA. Grew up there but can't live there anymore since its become little Commiefornia.

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
Morning all. We ended up coming to the lake for the weekend, gonna get the boat cleaned and take a nice long boat ride today. My wife was very depressed on the way down until this morning now that she can see that the complex needs work. We got our inspection requests back last night and it wasn’t too bad, so it looks like the sale is gonna go through As long as there are no hiccups in financing.

I had my LGS set aside a 1983 Marlin Model 60. My buddy called and gave me first dibs on it. I haven’t seen it yet, but it is supposed to be very clean. I just can’t help myself sometimes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
Sounds like a very nice rifle Frank. Had a Glenny 60 which was way more accurate than my Ruger 10/22. I had it for a few years until I traded it towards a Marlin Mod 39.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Good morning all from the desk ................well, maybe tonight I'll send a pic or two of one of my beloved Browning 1886's which I dropped from a height of about 6' onto concrete. Hit on the lower end of the butt plate. You can imagine that one. Light damage (one spot) to the receiver, then full length along one edge of the hex barrel. In the big scheme of things, it really don't mean squat ..........but, I just can't stop fretting about it. I'll want to locate a good craftsman today somehow. Won't get over it until I know she is on her way to restoration. Love that one especially as I bought her along with my best old buddy's 1885 I told you about. ........oh boy.

Have a good/safe day all.

·
Super Moderator
24,925 Posts
FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily
DROF (FORD spelled backwards) = Driver Returns On Foot

·
Super Moderator
4,635 Posts
Morning all. That stinks John, I’m sure you’ll find someone to bring her back.

Cleaning up and loading up to go home. I have to make it back to cut the grass before the rain comes in.

·
Super Moderator
12,502 Posts
Good morning all ...............going to drop my daughter off at church, some hanger projects then back to organizing the ammo situation. Realized I got stuff all over and everywhere I had forgot.

And therein lies my problem, like dropping the 1886 at 10pm in the evening after being at work all day .........everyday. Trying to do things in a hurry, or putting it off .......and off.

Got some projects in the works, give it a couple more years here. Don't pan out? I'll be 70 then, think that will be it for this boy .........take the money and run.

Not sure why I told y' all that .................let's have a good/day all.

17801 - 17820 of 17894 Posts