Marlin Firearms Forum banner

15221 - 15240 of 15248 Posts

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Gday folks, man how things have changed on here, im not even sure i am in the right place, a complete new format since i last dropped in. I see there are still a few of the old bunch tapping away here.

A few questions for those here, is Kawasker, and our south african contingent still about?

And now for the clincher, how is our old mate Randy (Gunrunner) going, i cant find anything about him.

My situation is still the same with Sue and her Alzheimers, the condition has deteriorated some since i last posted on here, she takes up most of my time being unable to care for herself at all. We now have 4 six hour days care per week, which has made things a lot easier for me. however i am still not able to go anywhere without her, so my shooting trips away have had to take a back seat,
Anyhow folks keep on keepin on i will drop in from time to time.

GUS
o_O ... what?

G'day mate. (y)

Man, what a surprise ... a very good one too ... to see you poppin' in!
First tell us how you are. You've been very scarce (no doubt taking care of Mrs Gus? - I sure hope Sue is doing fine and that you're coping.) I am so glad to see you've escaped this damn KungFlu thing too ! Hey, it so happens that I have my Aussie Marlin Muster T-shirt on today - how about that! Yeah, it still fits too ... just , but it goes all the way down to my zipper if I suck my gut in just a tad. Must say, I still look snazzy sporting that big old stag on my chest. In my eyes anyway. ;)

We had news via MacE' that Gunrunner is doing OK, struggles now and then, but for now things seem to be even ~ not all that bad.
Kaw' has had his ups and downs , but he is fine and presently looking at relocating. He's even dropped a hint about Europe ... just him and the missus at home now, so not much is holding him back.

As for me , same old - same old, mate. (still kicking and screaming) - things haven't changed much over here in Africa for 40 million years and I am not going to hurry anything along.
I still wizz thru' here, MO, when time allows, but with most regulars gone it is not all that frequent anymore. We keep in touch using other media most of the time. There is still a trickle of the ol' lot hanging in. Mostly stories of aches and pains which is rather depressing, politics which is even worse and of course this damned KungFlu. See, nothing has changed much. You only missed the opening act! :giggle: But, I guess we are moving on a bit, so a few complaints here and there doesn't hurt much! Otherwise, we're still a cantankerous bunch of ol' geasers. :p

It sure was good to run into you.
Do pop in again soon.
(y)

... one for ol' times sake ... cheers!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Good morning all. A couple of waste of time meetings this morning, I am actually in one right now. Same as always we are getting blamed for issues that have arisen with some valves and pumps. It can't be a faulty product, we must have installed them wrong or the piping design is at fault. I've been on this project for 3 1/2 years now and it is time to move to the next one.

Hope everyone has a great day.

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
Going out to my hunting area this afternoon to take down my pop-up ground blind. The season ended on Jan 2nd so its time to put it away before the elements start to damage the tent material.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Evening and good night.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Morning all. Supposed to have some flurries today, but no accumulation. I ordered a part for a kerosene torpedo heater that I snatched from being thrown away the other day. $20 worth of parts and it is running like a champ. Hope everyone has a great day and stay safe.

Reactions: Ret_Eng and JMAG54

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
Looks like we are supposed to be getting rain today. The temps will maybe reach the high 40s if we are lucky. Nothing like a cold rain in the afternoon. Thank goodness I retrieved my pop-up tent yesterday.

Reactions: JMAG54 and 10acres

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
@Ret_Eng I have a pop-up blind that I need to get down also. The 2 hour drive to get it is making it tough. Hopefully, we are heading to the lake next Friday so I'll get it then. I also plan on trading for some SPP's with another member when I head down next week.

Reactions: JMAG54

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
@Ret_Eng I have a pop-up blind that I need to get down also. The 2 hour drive to get it is making it tough. Hopefully, we are heading to the lake next Friday so I'll get it then. I also plan on trading for some SPP's with another member when I head down next week.
Sounds like a very good plan. I haven't been able to meet a fellow MO member FTF in a couple years. Its always great to shoot the bull about Marlins and other things in person.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
@Ret_Eng this will probably just be a hand off between us. I will be stopping to do the trade on my way to my condo at Lake of the Ozarks. I'll have the wife and dogs in the truck with me so I won't be able to linger. Funny thing is that he has a place on the lake also and we are very close to each other. Small world.

I was able to meet galaxieman/Amos last year when I sold him a Model 94. We had a nice 20 minute conversation and talked of going to a gun show down in Cape Girardeau, but life gets in the way sometimes.

I still need to catch up with Waffletop sometime, we live in the same area but have yet to meet up.

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
@Ret_Eng this will probably just be a hand off between us. I will be stopping to do the trade on my way to my condo at Lake of the Ozarks. I'll have the wife and dogs in the truck with me so I won't be able to linger. Funny thing is that he has a place on the lake also and we are very close to each other. Small world.

I was able to meet galaxieman/Amos last year when I sold him a Model 94. We had a nice 20 minute conversation and talked of going to a gun show down in Cape Girardeau, but life gets in the way sometimes.

I still need to catch up with Waffletop sometime, we live in the same area but have yet to meet up.
I spent a couple weeks renting a cabin at the Lake of the Ozarks military resort back in the early 1990s. I had a great time with some Army buds---renting a boat and going bass fishing, BBQing, making home made ice cream for July 4th--etc. That lake is very beautiful.

Reactions: JMAG54 and 10acres

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
It is a beautiful lake and we enjoy it a lot, but it is a completely different lake from the last time you were there. There are so many big boats on the water now that I prefer to take early morning boat rides and play by the dock for the rest of the day. This past summer was the worst I've ever seen it. There were so many new boaters on the water and they didn't care about how they drove on the water.

Reactions: Ret_Eng and JMAG54
15221 - 15240 of 15248 Posts