Marlin Firearms Forum banner

15201 - 15220 of 15248 Posts

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Gday folks, man how things have changed on here, im not even sure i am in the right place, a complete new format since i last dropped in. I see there are still a few of the old bunch tapping away here.

A few questions for those here, is Kawasker, and our south african contingent still about?

And now for the clincher, how is our old mate Randy (Gunrunner) going, i cant find anything about him.

My situation is still the same with Sue and her Alzheimers, the condition has deteriorated some since i last posted on here, she takes up most of my time being unable to care for herself at all. We now have 4 six hour days care per week, which has made things a lot easier for me. however i am still not able to go anywhere without her, so my shooting trips away have had to take a back seat,
Anyhow folks keep on keepin on i will drop in from time to time.

GUS

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
That looks good, man.
Y'all can't build a fire on the ground where you live?
Darn rules and regulations Nav. That’s what I get for living amongst people.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I took a tour of the Makers Mark distillery about 3 years ago. Petty cool place located right next to a small stream. The clear colored Makers is the stuff that will kick your butt--much higher in proof than what you can normally buy locally. I have only seen the clear colored Makers in Kentucky so far.
I may have to make a trip to Kentucky to get some. Once I stumbled onto Makers 46, I was hooked. I bet that was a great our to take.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
well, I have always wanted a Hawken rifle.....and I plan on doing one. but I always wanted to hunt squirrels with a muzzle loading shotgun.
Could you take a 45 cal hawken and rebore it to a smooth bore 50 cal. Then you could shoot both shot and round balls out of it. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
24,227 Posts
I may have to make a trip to Kentucky to get some. Once I stumbled onto Makers 46, I was hooked. I bet that was a great our to take.
I went on several distillery tours with the wife when my son was stationed at Ft. Knox. All of them were fun and informative. There are a LOT of distilleries in the Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox area---you couldn't go to see all of them without spending about a month there.

·
Registered
20,248 Posts
Gday folks, man how things have changed on here, im not even sure i am in the right place, a complete new format since i last dropped in. I see there are still a few of the old bunch tapping away here.

A few questions for those here, is Kawasker, and our south african contingent still about?

And now for the clincher, how is our old mate Randy (Gunrunner) going, i cant find anything about him.

My situation is still the same with Sue and her Alzheimers, the condition has deteriorated some since i last posted on here, she takes up most of my time being unable to care for herself at all. We now have 4 six hour days care per week, which has made things a lot easier for me. however i am still not able to go anywhere without her, so my shooting trips away have had to take a back seat,
Anyhow folks keep on keepin on i will drop in from time to time.

GUS
All is well Gus.
Things have changed a lot here.
Most of the others chime in from time to time.
Haven’t heard much about gunrunner myself.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Afternoon all. Getting ready to leave for the day. Hope everyone has had a good one today.

·
Premium Member
10,706 Posts
Sure glad to see ole Whiskers posting, Andres (Kawaskar) is doing ok and Gunrunner is still laid up from a bad accident from a couple years ago. But he's still kicking and is a grandpa. imagine that!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Makers Mark 46 is good stuff, I drink it on the rocks also. I don’t want anything messing with the taste. I’ll get some more shortly, but for now I have a couple of bottles of less desirable whiskey and bourbon I acquired to drink.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
@Pereira I passed on a flintlock 32 caliber CVA the other day. He wanted close to $600 for it, but it sure was nice.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Yeah, I’ve wanted a flintlock for a while. I just don’t see very many around here, mainly just percussions.

15201 - 15220 of 15248 Posts