Marlin Firearms Forum banner

14461 - 14480 of 14562 Posts

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I might go to the LGS range today. I have three rifles that I need to sight in. That all got put on the back burner due to the hunting season. Just about everything is gone ammo wise there--even the hunting stuff. I sure am glad that I reload. Powder has started to come back in and primers are starting to show up again. I don't know if we have turned the corner yet on this ammo/reloading component supply issue. Seems like everyone is in a panic due to the COVID and the election. I think the buying spree will last longer this time as compared to the Obama era shortages.
I don't think we've seen the end of it yet Jay. Especially with Biden coming in to office.

·
Super Moderator
24,029 Posts

·
Registered
16,111 Posts
Hey, Jay—exposure to a potential Covid carrier is an automatic 14-day quarantine at my company. Doesn’t even matter if you test negative yourself. Also, the Navy won’t allow anyone who has traveled further than 100 miles from the Jacksonville area back aboard any of their vessels until they complete a 14-day quarantine period.
Who’s in charge of your outfit up there, anyway?

·
Super Moderator
24,029 Posts
Don't know if I was exposed yet. Probably not since whoever the person was works in an area very separate from my work space. When you work in a secured area, not many people are allowed access unless they have the proper clearance and a valid reason to be there.

·
Super Moderator
24,029 Posts
Yeah, I know, I work in secured spaces in close contact with our service members. I’m just surprised you aren’t mandated to test and quarantine up there.
Must be an Army thing!
I work for a DoD Agency, its mostly Army/Marines/Air Force with a few squids since we mostly are a ground force support element. Where I work, very few people have access into my space---not a lot of foot traffic in our work area.

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Good morning all ..................what a week.
Brian will come around, I'll bet on it.
I'll say this, I need to do a lot of think'n, pay'n attention to current events. Business hinges on which road this Country goes. Not the place for this crap, but I'll tell you boys, if not for hang'n on this MO forum for some 'relativity', I'd be in a constant depression.
God bless you all .....................................God Bless the United States of America.

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
brian is d-o-n-e DONE!!!!!
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST SEASON OF MY 44 YEARS OF DEER HUNTING.
I am through with all of it...Idiotic land owners that ride around at 9 in the morning looking under your feeders....cathing deer in hog traps....dumb ass fly by night out-of-towners fenclining me in every direction, shooting yearlings and whatever they see with horns.... riding four wheelers all over the place at any hour of day and night.
I got better things to do with my time. This can all go to hell.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
brian is d-o-n-e DONE!!!!!
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST SEASON OF MY 44 YEARS OF DEER HUNTING.
I am through with all of it...Idiotic land owners that ride around at 9 in the morning looking under your feeders....cathing deer in hog traps....dumb ass fly by night out-of-towners fenclining me in every direction, shooting yearlings and whatever they see with horns.... riding four wheelers all over the place at any hour of day and night.
I got better things to do with my time. This can all go to hell.
Damn sorry to read this Brian. That is such a shame.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Morning all by the way. Tomorrow is the Wisconsin gun opener. Heading out by myself as my dad has passed away and my sister doesn't seem interested in hunting any longer. Gonna be strange, that's for sure.

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
People have ABSOLUTLEY ruined the deer hunting in my part of Texas. I'm through. There is very little effort put forth by the state in the direction of keeping things legal. It's basically an honor system and there is no honor in it here. People buy tags for everybody in their family and use them, or just shoot deer and don't tag them at all.
It's all become way too commercialized anyway. everybody and their dog hunts down here. No matter where you go, you can't get away from the idiots...annd that is the main reason i ever even bothered with it in the first place.
I spent more money on deer hunting this year than I ever have before...and i got nothing to show for it. But the guys on the other sides of me, especially the one that snuck in and hunted land he don't own....yeah, they had a banner year.
Im selling out. TO HELL WITH IT.
my new slogan is "SQUIRRELS.....BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE HUNTS THEM"

·
Registered
16,111 Posts
Hate to hear your change of heart over hunting, Navajo. I can’t say I disagree with you. I’ve seen this behavior in the few state management areas I hunted here in Florida. It just isn’t the same as it was 20-30 years ago, too damn many people competing over a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. The only way to address it is to purchase large tracts of land and even then you’ll spend most of your time running off trespassers instead of enjoying hunting on it.
The whole world is shrinking and I’m ready to pack up and move as far away from humanity as I can get and still live freely. Sadly, it appears Texas may be crossed off my list. Where to, then?

14461 - 14480 of 14562 Posts