Marlin Firearms Forum banner

14141 - 14160 of 14260 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,433 Posts
Good morning from Germany all. Raining and cool. Looking forward to getting back to Florida in February!
Navajo, those pics REALLY make me want to get back!
MBW, hope you get better soon, prayers sent.

·
Super Moderator
23,921 Posts
Went to the docs.
He ordered 3 antibiotics for me.
Got my pain meds adjusted to 4 a day from 2.75.
Still wont give me my nerve meds.
So i still get to feeling like im sitting in bathtub full of water and 9v battreyes.
Happens from time to time. Only really sucks at nite when it will keep me up.
Very sorry that you are going through that MBW. I get perturbed at the docs/dentists that would always have some suggestions that don't work but never any remedies.

·
Super Moderator
23,921 Posts
Didn't check out my hunting area yesterday due to the hurricane rain remnants that hit us for most of Sunday and Monday. I did get out to the LGS pistol range yesterday. Met some milennial age shooters that became very impressed with my Serbian made Tokarev pistol. They had never seen a medium sized 1911 that could generate some very respectable fireballs from the muzzle. Can't wait for Haloween--not for the candy---BP season starts that day for me.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Good luck MBW, hope you feel better.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Good morning all. Have a great day and stay safe. Whatcha planning on blood staining those jeans with today Nav?

·
Super Moderator
23,786 Posts
daughter is gonna sit a stand this evening. i figure on skinning a hog if she can shoot straight.
we went squirrel hunting this morning and treed a few but she aint quite got that game all figured out.
should of had several...but the day aint over yet and i may go by myself here in a little.
killed 3 squirrels yesterday and a big cotton mouth. so i got em bloodied up a little already.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Morning all, from the.....well, you know.
Finally got hold of current Forest Service website/map information reference fire closures. Seems all roads into my specific hunt area are closed ...season just opened so we'll see.
Have a good one folks, be careful and good luck to all of you hunting .......wish I was with you.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Anyone figure out how to cancel a reply?

Oh John i got the best Doctors instructions.
No fresh fruit or veggies. He is worried about something in my digestive system.
Although the no milk or dairy was harsh. But alas i will follow docs orders.
Looks like chili red beans and rice and MEAT only fer this here fellow.

·
Super Moderator
23,786 Posts
been thinking about applying for TP&W deer MLD program for years and I think I'm finally gonna do it. The people that own the ranch are in and so is the lady that owns my lease next door so it will be 1250 acres all in one block. I wish I had done it last summer when enrollment was open. I'll have to wait til May now.

·
Registered
15,996 Posts
been thinking about applying for TP&W deer MLD program for years and I think I'm finally gonna do it. The people that own the ranch are in and so is the lady that owns my lease next door so it will be 1250 acres all in one block. I wish I had done it last summer when enrollment was open. I'll have to wait til May now.
What is this program and what will it do for you?

·
Super Moderator
23,786 Posts
What is this program and what will it do for you?

well, it basically allows you to manage your deer population better. if your goal is to get your doe-buck ratio down to 1-1, you can legally do this, by using managment tags, and being able to legally hunt from oct-feb.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
My Tornado story.
When i was a kid a tornado hit the Trailer Park i grew up in.
We lost everything but one loss always brings a smile to my face.
I had this heavy F-15 diecast Aluminum model it was big 3 foot wingspan weighed dang near 15lbs fully loaded with diecast ordinance.
It was my prize possession a gift from Mom and Dad cost a lot for them back then.
Anyways.
I kept that jet in a box on a shelf. Real long shelf went all the way across my room.
When the tornado hit somehow it got sucked out of the box.
It used that shelf as a runway took off out my window wings collapsed in supersonic setup.
When it got out the wings opened dropped the ordinance through the neighbors place in a nice clean line for 25 feet through her walls came out the other side where i found em.
Now the plane i did not get back but heard insurance guys talking about the weird damage to 4 or 5 houses that was 3 foot wide 5 inches high with two vertical lines.
That plane must have made its rounds with the tornado somehow going up and down and through walls.
Would have been a sight to see if there was a camera on that thing.

14141 - 14160 of 14260 Posts