Marlin Firearms Forum banner

13861 - 13880 of 13892 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Just did the annual road trip with Mom.
Neither one of us killed the other one. But if looks could kill both of us would be in the ground.
2000+ miles in a week and a day with my disabled stroke surviving Mom.
Would not trade the time for anything in the world though.
I say that now that i am home and got at least 3months of not being trapped in a car with her LOL?
Family is good. I told my Great Uncle Tom that on my passing his Grandkids get ALL my guns and hunting stuff. That will piss off a few oeople but oh well i will be in hell so maybe get demon status faster for it. Then i can haunt folks at will. Yep there is an upside to everything. My sense of humor will not be so dark in a few more days.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I actually ran into another 35rem shooter at a gun range in michigan.
Saw the lever action Marlin i did is that a 30-30 thing and he was proud it was a 35rem.
I laughed pulled my 35rem ammo out and told him i aint actually seen anyone shooting 35rem.
I know folks are out there as i am a brass bucket scrounger when at the range so i get a quite decent amount of brass.
I went through 20 boxes of ammo at the range. I shot in total of 8rds.
Nieces Nephews cousins everyone shot my guns and ammo.
I was going between firing positions as three new shooters were there with me.
I still am leary of new gun owners who xant tell you right off wht male and model firearm they bought.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Man was up and at em at 5a.m.
Mom wanted to go to a produce stand so i got up.
Got stuff for salsa.
Gonna feel like a dang rabbit for a week.
She gets some weird stuff sometimes these melon looking things i aint never seen looks like a papaya but is the size of a spaghetti squash?
Guess i need to eat healthy anyways. Just got to figure out how some of these things are supposed to be cooked?

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Up and at 'em boys, there's gold out there in them California hills! ..............funny, ain't I.
Anyway, couple of big meets today. Didn't sleep worth a darn, was up goof'n here at 3:00 am.
Too much go'n I suppose.
Alright, have a safe day all................

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Nav Man can you get a hold of some Betonnite? clay.
That stuff will stop up leaks real good.
Used it on a few cauffer damns we had for docking boats.
It would lock up tight as all get out when wet but dry it flows like sand.
Strange stuff but it works.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
yeah this clay im hauling is the best ive seen in years....at least since i worked at the mine.
my machine has a mongo bucket but i can't fill it but about half way, because the weight of it will cause the machine to bury itself trying to get back there.
i figure after today ill get close to enough in there. last night it was leaking.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Been out working in the garden.
Wont be sleeping much the next month.
Got two thieving druggies moved in next door.
So i will be on watch every two hours or so.
Man i actually miss the Commiefornian.
He and i became good friends in the last 2yrs or so.

13861 - 13880 of 13892 Posts