13841 - 13860 of 13892 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hope everyone is having a good night.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Spent an hour on the phone tonight talk'n to a buddy bout hunting ........so, a good evening it was.

.........................Have a good night all.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
still just can't get into deer season this year. i got the bug to take my beagle and do some rabbit hunting instead. ive done all this prep work and i don't even care. i can't explain it.
had a guy i hunted with years ago stop by here last week just to tell me about a buck he saw and pulled over to look at with binoc's, swore it was bigger than anything i have on my wall, which would be bigger than 153-5/8 B/C...and i didn't even care. where he saw it is property i can hunt and i have two stands less than a mile.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
got oats planted here by the cabin. got one more plot to put in.
plan on that tomorrow.
got the new finishing mower hooked up to the massy fergeson. it works great.
lot easier than a riding mower.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Good morning all. Hope everyone has a great day. A few chores this morning and off to meet the youngest son for lunch. We are going to meet halfway between home and college.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Morning all ...................brother opened so I'm drag'n it. One more cup and off I go.
Have a great, safe day all................

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
well i got one more oat patch put in yesterday and one more to plant... i think im going to do that today. i still don't care though. it don't make no sense. i just remembered this morning i guess i need to check my rifle. I don't even feel like doing that.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Good morning all ...........................smoke pretty bad the last few days. Not sure what I'll get done here, probably just take it easy.
Have a good/safe day all.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
sitting here watching the birds right now. don't feel like doing nothing.
Need to load some ammo to hunt with. Probably won't though.

Yesterday my new neighbor's cows got out over onto the place i hunt.
He went over to the sale barn and bought some old rank cheap cattle and they jumped his fence as soon as he turned them out.
They called some guys to come with horses to come catch them, but they couldn't find them so they called me to come over there.
I found two of them in the woods but the other went north towards highay 27. I told him his best bet would be hire a helicopter.
I went over there and tracked that cow a long ways and thought at one point i saw her laying down from a good ways off through the brush.
I sat there and watched a long time finally i realized it was a huge hog.
I didn't want to deal with it so i left.

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Good evening all .......just got in from the airfield. Chased the dirt and ashes around my hanger. Hate seeing my masterpiece aircraft covered in that mess. Air is a bit better at the moment.
Was there last night, but over next to the airsupport hanger for a retirement party. The Sgt. retiring was a lateral trainee of mine, geez I'm old.

How we all do'n tonight ?

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
Yeah Griff he's going to be fine. He has a spot on his foot where he lost all the hair but other than that he's back to normal. It was a close call though.
Never will know for sure what kind of snake bit him. But i know it wasn't a copperhead. All of my dogs have been bit by those at least once and never had nothing but a swole up knot from it that went away in a few days. This was bad whatever it was.

13841 - 13860 of 13892 Posts