Marlin Firearms Forum banner

13821 - 13840 of 13892 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,906 Posts
Good morning all. ...........whole damned inland valley here is smoke, one bad fire season for us here.
Hey KG! ...............hot, and got little done though I tried.
Went by the hanger, engine oil temp was 47C, well into the green!
Heard how these fires started .................I'll just leave it there.

Have a good/safe one folks.............

·
Super Moderator
23,778 Posts
Did some work on the tree stand on Monday. Had to leave the area very quitely after tightening up straps and bolts. Big herd of whitetails came in---all of them does. They had been hitting the deer attractant I put down in August very heavily. Thankfully no bear sign yet this year. Hopefully that continues............

·
Premium Member
10,906 Posts
Morning all ............................think the fires, resultant damage, are going to mess with my D-14 tag again this year. They blocked access to prime sections last year, see a repeat this year.
That said, many of my co-workers did well across the line in D-11, a real circus there though.

Have a good/safe one all.............

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
hey john, if you buy a hunting lisense in Texas, its good in every county across the state, and if you pay the 15.00 for the state owned land permit, you get acess to all that too.
no sections or drawings here.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
bought me a farm truck to put a drag tank in...a 99 ext-cab chevrolet 4wd.
so far i figured out in needs- 4wd actuator, transfer case shift motor, both front cv axles.
not so bad...i can fix it all myself. i figure on finding a ball joint or brakes once i go into the front end.
but it has cold a-c and runs great.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
so far i figured out in needs- 4wd actuator, transfer case shift motor, both front cv axles.
not so bad...i can fix it all myself. i figure on finding a ball joint or brakes once i go into the front end.
Check the brake lines out carefully, my 97 Silverado lines rusted through in 3 places.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
hope you got it for a good deal.
thats common repairs for those trucks.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
well i mowed down the pea patch today. tomorrow ill break ground, turn it all under and plant oats.
got one of my feeders repaired and put back out also. pretty good day.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Sounds like you did.

Reactions: JMAG54
13821 - 13840 of 13892 Posts