Marlin Firearms Forum banner

13581 - 13600 of 13611 Posts

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Good Morning Everyone.
My fishing buddy and I had cancelled this weeks fishing trip today cause they was callin for rain and storms Wed, Thurs, and Friday.
No rain Wed. got a little sprinkle last nite, today the sun is shining, and it's muggy.
2 months ago we was wishin it would stop raining, now we're wishing it would rain:whistle:
Hope everyone has a great day.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
well, i got my springfield M1A squad scout yesterday.
took it to the range and it shoots pretty dang good. shoots holes touching at 80 yards with the irons, which are phenominal.
you can shoot cinder blocks to pieces with it at over 100.
it is a chunk but still handy and manageable.

·
Premium Member
10,585 Posts
Evening all .........good to be home.
Just got back from the DMV and got that 'real ID' changed back to the name the whole dang world that could care knew me by. Couple weeks, I get that hard card, and I'm legal to buy guns/ammo again. ...........what a mess that was.

How we do'n tonight all..........

·
Premium Member
10,585 Posts
Home baby! ..................hot man, real hot out there.

Hope all are having a good weekend .........

Couple of beers would be just about right here .............but alas.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
finally got a fail to feed out of my mini 14 today.
decided to do some for real battle testing....
walked out and threw it into my catfish pond. smoked a cigarette, and waded out there and probed
around in the mud with my feet and finally retrieved it. I dipped it areound and washed off the mud then poured the water out of the barrel, cylled the action twice, put a mag in it and fired 20 rounds.
On the third mag I had a FTF. I cleared it, and fired 3 more mags. I think all things said this is a pretty reliable rifle. I don't believe an AR would have stood it. I did everything but run over this rifle and pretty much all it does is ask for more ammo. I have rode it around for three days mowing on my tractor in an overhead gun rack taking hours of pretty intinse vibration, hauled it around eating dust for weeks on my SXS and left it out in several downpours.
when i get time, i'll test the M1A...yeah, i will definately throw a 1700.00 rifle in my catfish pond and shoot it, yes, I will.

13581 - 13600 of 13611 Posts