Marlin Firearms Forum banner

13541 - 13560 of 13611 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
The newer Briggs engines were junk and the plastic carbs were part of it. The quality really declined from what they were a decade ago.

I been a Snapper man for 20 years. Never bought nothing else.
But that mower has been a piece of junk. It ran good for a year, then every
year i had to replace the carb.
And it wasn't bad gas. Like i said, I buy pure unleaded gas from a Texaco distributer.
and i run stabil religously.
The first time i laid eyes on that plastic carb i couldn't believe it.
Anyway.,, I do like this Stihl electric.
no pulling a rope, no gas.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
I'm here. moved out to the cabin. they're replacing the floor in the bedroom in there.
so i'll have some peace for a few days just me and the dogs.
can't get to my bathroom in the house. washed off with the hose.
not sure what im eating. i didn't like what she cooked.
but i got smokes and coffee so it don't matter much.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
well, they got the floor put down but still can't move back in because there's no flooring.
I told the old lady i would paint it with grey porch paint for free.
she rolled her eyes, got in her Tahoe, and went to buy new vynil flooring.
to the tune of 1200.00
oh well...so anyways im about to go out and wash up with the water hose again and
make me some coffee.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Doing good. Just received my 375 h&h Encore barrel, 100 1x fired Barnes cases, 150 ct of the Speer 285 grain grand slam bullets and dies all to my front porch at the same time, all from different sellers. Also got a couple scores off of Armslist. 2 vintage boxes of Rem. Kleanbore 300 savage, only $25 each.
The other score is a tool box full of primed 7.62x54R cases for FREE. Now on the search for my 3rd Encore frame

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,641 Posts
Doing good. Just received my 375 h&h Encore barrel, 100 1x fired Barnes cases, 150 ct of the Speer 285 grain grand slam bullets and dies all to my front porch at the same time, all from different sellers. Also got a couple scores off of Armslist. 2 vintage boxes of Rem. Kleanbore 300 savage, only $25 each.
The other score is a tool box full of primed 7.62x54R cases for FREE. Now on the search for my 3rd Encore frame
You did great! I picked up about 4 lbs of 7.62X54R cases for 6 bucks. Need them too as I recently traded into a 1941 Russian SVT-40 (the Soviet's version of the M-1 Garand in WWII). It shoots very well for me, even with the iron sights at 50 and 100 yards. The only downside is that it ejects 7.62X54R cases into orbit. I can usually only find about half of what I shoot at the range.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You did great! I picked up about 4 lbs of 7.62X54R cases for 6 bucks. Need them too as I recently traded into a 1941 Russian SVT-40 (the Soviet's version of the M-1 Garand in WWII). It shoots very well for me, even with the iron sights at 50 and 100 yards. The only downside is that it ejects 7.62X54R cases into orbit. I can usually only find about half of what I shoot at the range.
That SVT-40 is just what I need to use up some of my spam cans. Reminds me of being a kid, drooling over the ads in Shotgun News just wishing I was old enough to buy it all.

13541 - 13560 of 13611 Posts