Marlin Firearms Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 13992 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,991 Posts
Good morning all. ............yes, Prayers Jake. Prayers that your Grand Father finds the rest and peace he deserves. Prayers that you and your Family will find comfort in that the old Patriot, Warrior .....Mentor, is in a much better place now.

Well late, but it's my Brother's open which really means I can get there without rushing. Can't leave Dad out of sight there being my position. 90 years old soon, runs a mill or lathe .......hell, any equipment in the tool room better than most, but he'll be by himself if I ain't there .....period. His driving worries me a lot now also. I try to offer some assistance there, his response? Ain't appropriate for any women or children here on this forum...........

Nasty butt bug I caught here ......just got rid of one!!!

Otay, God Bless you all. ........have a good, safe day.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Thank you all so very much for the kind words and prayers. I was fortunate to be able to say my final goodbye to my grandfather, and be there when he passed. He passed peacefully, and with no pain. Couldn't ask for a better way for him to go. When I was still playing football, my grandpa was my biggest fan. He was tough, but fair. I will miss his jokes, our spontaneous fishing trips, and our little chats. Miss you grandpa...

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
Heavenly Father, we seem to face far too much loss these days. In times like those, we choose to rest our heads on Your sacred shoulders. Weep alongside Jake and his family as the mourn the loss of his grandfather and their father and husband. Lift their heads. Rejuvenate their vision. Bring them back to a place of play. This world is dark, but we recognize right now, in this moment, that You are the glorious light. Please shine down on them so they can see You at work. Replace their mourning with dance of fond memories as they hold to the knowledge that those You have called home are in that better place that is a mansion in Your house. Hold their hands, their hearts and their dreams.

Amen

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Heavenly Father, we seem to face far too much loss these days. In times like those, we choose to rest our heads on Your sacred shoulders. Weep alongside Jake and his family as the mourn the loss of his grandfather and their father and husband. Lift their heads. Rejuvenate their vision. Bring them back to a place of play. This world is dark, but we recognize right now, in this moment, that You are the glorious light. Please shine down on them so they can see You at work. Replace their mourning with dance of fond memories as they hold to the knowledge that those You have called home are in that better place that is a mansion in Your house. Hold their hands, their hearts and their dreams.

Amen
Amen Gunny, thank you.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
I went to the neurologist today, for a follow-up appt. She said all my vitals and labs look good. I can stop taking the blood thinner, but I have to keep taking one baby aspirin every morning.

I told her I'm gonna need the blood thinners, to avoid another stroke, after I see the hospital bills.

One bill I got was for a Dr. that came into my hospital room and introduced himself. He asked how I was feeling, then left - $400.00.

Another Dr. I never saw charged me $200.00 to okay my discharge papers. What a rip-off.
On Monday, I'm gonna call the billing dept. and give them a piece of my mind. I know they don't care, but I'll sure feel better.
:cheers:

10001 - 10020 of 13992 Posts