Marlin Firearms Forum banner
20741 - 20760 of 21689 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,671 Posts
Old guy--yeah that is definitely me. At least I have passed on the shooting/hunting sports to my son and oldest grandson. We have actually gotten to hunt together but on a friends property. Unfortunately, there was no hunt camp in the cards for us.

·
Premium Member
25,337 Posts
Jack, i have a good friend that always gets depressed about how his son has no interest in hunting. I think the boy is like 9 or something...but he only likes to play video games. Kleetus bought him a real nice bike and he never rides it.
I told him to bring him out here and let him hang around me some. He did one day and i dug out my old pellet rifle and threw some coke cans in the yard. we sat in lawn chairs and that boy shot cans for an hour. Didnt want to leave. He came out here yesterday and said "i think my boy likes you better than he likes me."

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Dang it! Im stuck waiting on a plumber not out where i belong, in the shop making stuff! New list of products being offered by Deadwood Phred's cutting boards, charcuterie boards, bible keeps, matching bowls for the charcuterie boards, rolling pins and pizza peels. All can be made to match...for a premium.
No updates on tire status the tire store found a tire in ohio. That will keep all 4 tires the same as cooper updated the model and discount tire says its best to keep the tires all the same. Who am ito argue? I'm not a tire expert.
Dad moved to a home. Mom says he wants to go home so he can die there. I dont think he is that cognizant.
Have a good day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,671 Posts
I got the day off due to it being Columbus Day. Went to the range this morning and shot my Mosin-Nagant and my 1996 Marlin 444SS. Doing laundry now and going to try to get some reloading done. Gonna watch some of Star Trek's second season (the original series) while going about my chores.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Old guy--yeah that is definitely me. At least I have passed on the shooting/hunting sports to my son and oldest grandson. We have actually gotten to hunt together but on a friends property. Unfortunately, there was no hunt camp in the cards for us.
I have taken up physical training quite seriously again.
The last hunting season was just too tough and it was because I am in poor condition.
So, the dogs and I run for 45 min every day (evenings) ; I row for 30 min and do some suppleness training (Aikido Jo stuff) for another 20 min. (early mornings)
I just have to, otherwise I am going to die out there.
I feel a lot better already - time is just the issue.
There used to be a lot of natural fitness in my bones, but it seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate lately.
Getting old is not for sissies.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Jack, i have a good friend that always gets depressed about how his son has no interest in hunting. I think the boy is like 9 or something...but he only likes to play video games. Kleetus bought him a real nice bike and he never rides it.
I told him to bring him out here and let him hang around me some. He did one day and i dug out my old pellet rifle and threw some coke cans in the yard. we sat in lawn chairs and that boy shot cans for an hour. Didnt want to leave. He came out here yesterday and said "i think my boy likes you better than he likes me."
I have learned that some people are just born not to be hunters.
Then there are us!

·
Super Moderator
37,253 Posts
I was heading to mom's house this morning to bring her some pizza, I did late yesterday, phone rings it's mom. Somebody is parked in my driveway and I don't know who it is! Put the spurs to titan and was there in no time! Well I parked right behind car, got out and asked black woman if I could help her. Turns out she is from FEMA. She said somebody requested some financial help from FEMA in mothers name and address! After I got mother down stairs we sat and discussed what was going on, of course it's "FRAUD". It happened to my youngest sister last week same thing! People making claims with FEMA using other peoples address and name!
Thanked the very nice FEMA woman and she went on her way with 26 more people to contact today!
How is everybody's else day is going!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Nav, same regarding my two knotheads. They need some time in the country…lots of time. I hate this damn city life with every fiber of my being.
Griff - city life gives the youngsters more choices mate and way more opportunities.
You just need to regularly get them into the sticks and nurture that side .... they'll choose what's right for themselves then.
I am not too fond of city life either, but but balancing my "act" I have fun both ways, so do my family.
;)

·
Super Moderator
25,671 Posts
I have taken up physical training quite seriously again.
The last hunting season was just too tough and it was because I am in poor condition.
So, the dogs and I run for 45 min every day (evenings) ; I row for 30 min and do some suppleness training (Aikido Jo stuff) for another 20 min. (early mornings)
I just have to, otherwise I am going to die out there.
I feel a lot better already - time is just the issue.
There used to be a lot of natural fitness in my bones, but it seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate lately.
Getting old is not for sissies.
I need to get off my butt too and loose another 15 pounds. Somehow I lost ten pounds during this COVID mess. I need to start PT again Albert, but running is not in the cards. Due to my Army years--one knee is shot, doesn't hurt but definitely is not stable.

·
Super Moderator
37,253 Posts
Surprise! Surprise!

Had a very nice lady knock on my door just a while ago, she showed me her FEMA id card and asked for me! Told her I'm the person she is asking for. That's when I told her I didn't contact FEMA, whoever did is a scammer trying get over on FEMA! She showed me a name along with phone # who called FEMA! So I have a name and # and will be calling this moron tomorrow! Thanked her for her service to this country and said have a nice evening!

·
Premium Member
25,337 Posts
Nav, same regarding my two knotheads. They need some time in the country…lots of time. I hate this damn city life with every fiber of my being.

well if you ask me a whole lot of why this country is off the rails is city life. if i had to go back to living there id either shoot somebody or wind up a raging alcoholic.

20741 - 20760 of 21689 Posts