2001 - 2020 of 13936 Posts

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Well we are all but dead it seems, hmmm

·
Premium Member
16,409 Posts
Any of you fellas use LP primers in 35 Remington reloads?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey 22,

NO!

First the pistol primer is shallower than a rifle primer.

Second, the cup is not as "stiff" as a rifle primer.

Later, Mark

·
Administrator
23,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,006
Any of you fellas use LP primers in 35 Remington reloads?

I used a heck of a lot of them. BUT I did not use them with full high pressure hunting rounds.

They work really well with light loads within the large pistol realm of pressures. Do think of high end loads in .44 mag or .45 LC in regard to pressures not to exceed.

Shot a lot of cast and bulk 158gn pistol bullets.

Heed the pressure warnings of Mark.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Only 1 midterm left to go. Good Lord what a semester. Here is part of one of the questions if you care to read it. Joel Lee

Can you see how important it is that this man find the right counselor? He gets one shot...just one shot at finding a counselor who can peel off the layers that, over the years, have become hardened scaled armor, and bring hope for this dying marriage. What if the counselor he chose viewed marriage as merely a "piece of paper" with divorce as an easy out? What if he selected a therapist with a personal bias (or even worse, secret held radical beliefs) that may actually make things worse? Or a therapist who is simply motivated by profit, taking a client's money and rebooking them as much as possible? Or what if he brought his wife to a therapist who was so morally neutral, that anything and everything was "right" simply if the client felt it was right? Believe it, there are a lot of licensed therapists out there like that! Can you see how important the values of the counselor are to a situation like this? He could open a phone book and randomly select any therapist, but how wise is it to take your future, and stake it on the roll of dice? There are a lot of licensed therapists out there, and not all of them have the same beliefs about marriage. In fact, we ourselves have received emails from therapists who have flat out stated their opposition to the idea of saving marriages. This man desperately needs a counselor who is well grounded, and believes in marriage."
"Values based counselling means that the counselor is always pointing to a better way, meeting the client where he or she is at, and guiding that person towards a higher place: a place of deeper truth, a place of greater meaning. Non-values oriented counseling will simply seek to return the client to a functional level, or simply at a place that is "best for them." Well in the example above what was "best for the wife" was divorce. Yet she may not realize, or even see, that there could be door for her that leads her to a joyful life with her husband. While we believe that all people have the capacity within them to change, that does not mean they can always see all the choices before them. Sometimes people are so heavily oppressed by their situation that they genuinely cannot see a way out, or are unable to discern the best possible path. This is where the values of the counselor are critical to effective therapy."
Question:
Respond to this statement and discuss your personal view and explain any ethical considerations you have for your position.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
I don't know if this is country or what but it is what I have been listening to this morning.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Wonder if they come in different sizes......

Yep... from Chihuahua to Great Danes. Must be something in that size range to fit most anybody... :flute:

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Hey all! We had a nasty Ice/Snow storm last night. Our power, phone, and cable went out around 3:30 PM and did not come back on until 12:00 noon today. Over night we had our kerosene heater on and it did not get below 61 degrees. Not super warm but under the covers all snuggled up with Elly it wasn't bad at all. There are still over one hundred thousand still without power. The older Elly and I get, the more we dislike winter and all the slop.

Uncle Bob

·
Registered
13,090 Posts
Hey all! We had a nasty Ice/Snow storm last night. Our power, phone, and cable went out around 3:30 PM and did not come back on until 12:00 noon today. Over night we had our kerosene heater on and it did not get below 61 degrees. Not super warm but under the covers all snuggled up with Elly it wasn't bad at all. There are still over one hundred thousand still without power. The older Elly and I get, the more we dislike winter and all the slop.

Uncle Bob
It's great to hear from ya, Bob.

Stay safe during that bad weather up there!
Yall can always move to KS. We have four seasons and the occasional ice storm, but we aren't close enough to the ocean, to get the stuff the NE gets pounded with.

2001 - 2020 of 13936 Posts