Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4181 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Ok Grumpy, Monday morning and I got her 'out' like I said, and she went right back in. Worst cold I believe I have ever had. All two days free a complete wash. Will have to leave for work about 7pm for about a few hours. .............................Man, spread'n the wealth at my age is no fun.

John Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Put in the full day. Bit ruff, but get'n better by the hour. The little work meet last night was over quick thankfully. Hoping 2018 business tells me a little more. Eventually going to have to start wrapping up loose ends as we just don't go on forever and I have got a lot of hunting and fishing I want to get back to while I still have this good fortune of being relatively healthy. ...........Kind'a proud of my old self. On one of the range trips several weeks back when trying to square away that 300WM sight-in fiasco, I lit off three 250 grain factory 338WM's from the bench. Just a little yelp is about all there was to it! ;D ..........Hope everyone has a good evening.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Good morning ladies and gents. Big late meeting with the boss last night at work, ..87yr old dad chewing my 64yr old butt ;D . It's all hilarious until you sit own to the monthly book keep'n. Really would'n have it any other way right now, but do need to get the ducks lined up ......"Sharps'!!! Man I dream about that. Got my 1981 brochure from the outfit back in Big Timber. Still thumb through it. Arms reach from this type'n board. Anyway, another day of "spread'n the wealth", KG, watch that thing you got. Probably should go to the doc if it gets to fever, I'm relapsing as I speak. Good folks at work that would normally not take time, have been off for days with this particular whatever they are call'n it.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
John, I like the 225's much better recoil wise and they are very accurate out of my 700BDl 338 Win mag.
Those three rounds (250gr Remington PSP) came out of a lot of two cases (20 boxes) a buddy gave me over fifteen years ago! Never shot the stuff before. Just wanted to exercise my beautiful old Mod 70 Super Grade ............hurt just like those 250 Nosler's I originally loaded for her. When I can get back to hunting Elk regularly in certain Montana and Wyoming locations, I'll be looking to put some new loads together. Yup! been looking at maybe that 225 Swift or Woodleigh. .......My 300 Win Mag, whether 200 or 180 gr always killed my Elk just fine, but there are some places that have them "big" bears............;D

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Got the ford loaded (won't drive the Silverado, might get mud on her cross'n the creek bed ;D) with targets, plate, scope, bags, ammo/BP etc. Will see if I can straighten things out with the 54. Brought along my 57 Marlin 35rem (first time out) and one of the 1895's just cuz. To heck with this crud I got ........left and came back. I'm going to the range first thing no matter.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Well, ......................not a good day. Long story short, some jack wagon with his 7.62 Armageddon looks cool but I can't shoot it rifle, completely destroyed my plate set up the boys in the fab shop built me. 100 yards and the dim wit could only destroy the frame, 100 yards! Jerk! I was focused on the 54 Lyman at 50 yards with my new .010 dry patches and realized when I looked, the set up just kinds'a hang'n there. I have about had it with the weekend crowd ...... bunch of unqualified people. Anyway, something to the .010 'spit' only deal. She won't shoot the .015's (too tight) and the .010 pre-lubes load once only then it's a fight. Don't get it. But, it was like the old days. Four smooth loadings with .010 dry, 'chewed' patches...........? Group was ok but I stopped when I saw the plate set up down, and down hill from there it was. I went got the '57' 35 Marlin out and thought to get her squared away for the first time! She grouped high and right, but grouped. I'm pee'od already and want to get things accomplished, so genius here, decides to adjust. Forgot the tool box! You guessed it, bubba tried without the right tool. So mad I could of, ........so I left. Period, just left.

One nice thing out of today, I met for the first time one of our members, PoopDeckPappy! A real gentlemen and one knowledgeable bullet maker. It was nice to finally meet him. He has helped me out through the forum several times.

I'll just need to force the time for shooting during the week. Being around clowns and firearms is just too much a sweat for me.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Must be really hard KG, I'm, sorry. ...........I find myself worrying more lately as my Dad is showing all the signs of winding down. The thought of him gone? ...can't. ..Hope that respiratory crud you caught is about run it's course. I've about had it with whatever it is I got, but I'll make work tomorrow.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Well, got a call today from the Remington Corporate office today, they will be sending me a 'new' 336Y which I appreciate. That was the third trip back, so we'll see. Got told I will be at the shot show in vegas. I really, really dislike that place, like pulling teeth to be there.

John

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
I have always been considered ..tasteless? in my clothing selection. So yesterday, the boss (Dad) ordered me to a clothing store down at some shop in Newport Beach and to meet with this guy who would properly get me dressed for 'success'. Anyway, and seriously, this shop in this 'fashion island' mall? Never seen so many funny looking guys in my life. And the faces on all them women down there? Looked to be pull'n 6 g's! ....... Weird man, weird.

John

1 - 20 of 4181 Posts