Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi guys, I don't know how much you know about my brother Phreddie but he is having a bad day today. He is at home alone most days as he is handicapped. Today is especially tough for him. Phreddie had to put his little buddy down today. I have never seen him cry uncontrollably like this. I am wondering if you guys could spare a minute or two and say a prayer for him.
Phreddie and I will be driving to albuquerque tomorrow so I know at least for the weekend he will be ok. Phred will be busy visiting our dad who is Phreds hero.
Thanks,
Rob

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I'm back at work. Ol' Phreddie got his wish. Dad remembered him and dad went right into telling us about his life in the 1950s. Mostly Air force in Korea stories so Phreddie recorded it and pumped dad for info and as long as Phreddie kept dad engaged dad was 100% present. Phreddie had written a bunch of questions and dad was able to answer them mostly. We got alot of info about our family all the way back to Ireland and Scotland!
Dad did not remember my name but remembered me mostly. Phred was able to get dad to shower when no one else was able. Phred was able to get dad to eat. Dad was starting to look better by the time we left and Phreddie had dad calling me by my name. And all Phreddie did was pay attention to the old guy.
Phreddie was kind, patient but persistent and dad responded.
Now phred is going to finish his book about his hero and then to make it available to family only.

Rob

·
Registered
199 Posts
Morning all, from the desk. ................added one more night to the motel. Girls are afraid of that gas, that works with me.
I'll head over after work, make sure the place is wide open with the air running. Not worried about leaving it ...........got a couple interesting neighbors .....and their dogs. :whistle:
Stop by a hardware store and buy a new filter for your hvac system. That fog stuff gets every where.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rainy, dreary day here in north central Colorado. Waiting for some sunshine so I can go to the range and try out my new to me Phreddie approved remlin 336in 30.30. ran a bore scope thru it and he disassembled the rifle and cleaned it up. He said it's in really good shape and a steal of a deal at $275. I am going to have the grouch put a scope on it. A question for you guys is (shooting to 150yds) what scope should I put on it?

Rob

·
Registered
199 Posts
My office is closed for the day. No more patients! Going to Phreddie for some woodworking skill building. He gave me a list of stuff to bring. Home Depot 1st then Phreds. He said safety glasses or go home.
As he said earlier happy hamburger day! And Friday, and wish all of you a quiet and peaceful Memorial day.

Rob

1 - 20 of 128 Posts