Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's at some distributors now and will be at others by the first of next week. Go to this site; www.jesseshunting.com and look in the forums under "Rimfires" for a list of distributors carrying it. Happy shooting. ~Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great news, Andrew! I'm glad it's finally coming - should quiet the nay-sayers. :wink:
The new .17HM2 has been getting all the hype lately, but I still think that the Aguila offering will be more to my liking for tree-rat hunting.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the fellows at "Jesses Hunting and Outdoors" rimfire forum already has some ammo on the way from one of the distributors: $4.99 a box, he said. Not bad. It almost slipped my mind that I'd be having to pay for 17 Aguila once the freebie stuff from the factory runs out! Good to know it isn't too expensive! ~Andrew

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co. also, Brownells sells barrels for the "17 High Standard" that shoot 17 Aguila just fine. Clerke barrels is supposed to be producing barrels as well, according to Aguila.~Andrew

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They got a hold of me, actually. I had built a custom rifle and I guess they wanted an independent test. The ammo looks free until you spend$$$ on barrels and rifles to test. I have shot 6 rifles with 7 different barrels, most of which I had to pay for. If you want to read the specifics of what and how, go to this site; www.jesseshunting.com and look at the menu on the left. There is a link that says "17 Aguila". All the suppliers are listed there, too.

Anyhow, I have some ammo coming. Got hungry mouths to feed. Got some ground squirrels and rabbits last saturday. No second shots required! ~Andres

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They got a hold of me, actually. I had built a custom rifle and I guess they wanted an independent test. The ammo looks free until you spend$$$ on barrels and rifles to test. I have shot 6 rifles with 7 different barrels, most of which I had to pay for. If you want to read the specifics of what and how, go to this site; www.jesseshunting.com and look at the menu on the left. There is a link that says "17 Aguila". All the suppliers are listed there, too.

Anyhow, I have some ammo coming. Got hungry mouths to feed. Got some ground squirrels and rabbits last saturday. No second shots required! ~Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts