It must be a target rifle...ya hit the target!:ahhhhh:

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
nice shootin'

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
ckpj99, not only are the 30-30 inaccurate but as everyone knows the 30-30 won't kill a deer at any range and anyone who believes that ain't too smart. The 30-30 was designed as a hunting rifle and as such is supreme at it's job. Put the 30-30 cartridge in a good bolt action rifle, Remington 788 comes to mind and it is a fine target rifle, maybe not to 1,000 yards but 250to 300 yards at least. Marlins in 30-30 have been getting the job done for years, truth be known most are better than the shooters. Take care, John.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Depends on where you take that 30-30 in a quest for accuracy. That's target accuracy for offhand shooting reckon you would have some fine groups on a supported shooting session.

I take mine to the extreme with hand loads. These are all from bench rested 30-30s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Actually I think that my 336 cowboy in 30-30 might end up being darn close to a target rifle...just need to work with it a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most people taking rifles to Target seem to take AR-15's.

I never take rifles to Target. I only take nicely concealed handguns. On the other hand, I don't get my picture in the paper.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts