Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Your welcome my friend glad to have ya here!!!

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I agree, in the army it was Hey buddy got a smoke. I ain't your buddy or brother and I don't smoke. The C-rations we had came with the little pack of smokes. I guess that kind of makes me a little old.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yup, you still talk like a sailor! :biggrin: Welcome to Marlin Owners Forum! You will not find a nicer, more willing to share group of folks on the internet. How long were you in the Navy? Lots of vets on this site also. I still hear the ships whistles in my head all the time, chow time, turn to, relieve the watch, mail call, etc. I did not own a watch for a while and I was never late for anything while I was aboard ship. It was big part of my life at one time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
4 yrs 68 72. Made two westpac cruises .
Served on 3 dif. Ships . The last ship USS Orleck DD 886 we spent 90 days on the gun line before
We were relieved. your only supposed to be there 30 days then get relieved. Every time a DD came out to take over something on the ship broke down
Or they get the snot beet out of them in a typhoon
And that mess's up the director for the 5'' 38 rap shells. And they can't hit anything.so they would turn around. And we would do there 30 days.
We got a big @ a boy .and got to take the long way.
Back to San Diego .

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I agree, in the army it was Hey buddy got a smoke. I ain't your buddy or brother and I don't smoke. The C-rations we had came with the little pack of smokes. I guess that kind of makes me a little old.
Fond memories! I still have the first P-38 opener I took out of a ration box in Nam'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.