Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many to thanks to Squacks for being kind enough to allow me to send some of his stories to our troops serving in Afganistan! With his permission, I began sending them as a sort of a series to a couple of friends who are avid hunters but were called-up to active duty and are stuck for the next 18-24 months in what they call "a Martian landscape" and "the wild west, except with camels". These teriffic short stories have really helped to improve their spirits and are being enjoyed by people who wouldn't normally have the chance to read them in this forum. Squacks, if you read this, THANK YOU! You're a fine gentleman. You really should consider putting these together as a series of short stories and have them published. I'd buy a copy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
mojo:

thank you for the kind words.

if reading my little stories brightens the day of any of our soldiers, anywhere, that's all the thanks i could want.

GOD bless them all and their families.

good luck!

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
MoJo.. If you think the stories are good, you should have the rare priviledge of meeting the man in person as I have.. He is just as super in real life too.... :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope I get the chance one day Gunjunkie. If I keep reading about the great time y'all have at the Shawnee Squirrel Hunt I'm gonna have to take a few days off work and head up that way to join you.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'll second that motion GunJunkie-and I agree about Squacks stories, except I want a personalized genuine autographed copy. :D

umm, Sarge has some goodies too, we just gotta get him to get them in print, along with the Squacks files. :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I agree to that CJ,, all of them need wrote down..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now there's an idea guys. It would be fantastic if these wonderful yarn spinners could get together and have their works published in a volume of short stories. Maybe even intermingle a few recipies here and there. Shoot, I'd buy several copies just for myself. Squacks stories alone made-up 53 pages in MSWord and I'm sure he has many, many more to tell. What do you say Squacks and Sarge? Ready to win the Pulitzer Prize? You'd sure make a lot of folks happy if you would write a book. You guys have a gift for story telling and maybe you should begin to think about putting it to work for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do It SQUACKS!

Do it Squacks Do it......life's too short, and think of all the people who could enjoy your talent :wink:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've been working a book of short stories. Not a bad idea. Squacks does know how to put word to print, doesn't he.

·
Registered
888 Posts
He sure does Sarge & I suspect so do you, being as I know you can sure tell 'em :wink: AND I want a Genuine Autographed copy of your book too. :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
CJ,
I've been working on it for over 3 years now, a little here and there. If it ever gets published you will be sure to have that autographed copy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts