Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this probably should have gone in the 336 section ,but i took my 336 trigger down and did just what you said .
funny thing was ,the spring was different than your illustration as well as the trigger.the trigger came out in two pieces .
it wasnt easy to hold the small piece but i erred to caution and used the fine grit diamond hone instead of a medium.this took a little longer but the end result was a nice smooth break over .
after the egg hunt tomorrow i am going to try it out along with my new redfield 4x12 40 accuplex will post pics after if possible

·
Registered
846 Posts
So what poundage did it come out at? Wasn't that hard was it? thanks to Sweeny and the other Guy's here I can dtrip a Marlin down in know time! Dennis

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a pull guage,i just decided to see if i could smooth out the trigger a little,which i did .the cool thing about it was i have confidence in my 30-30 again between this trigger,redfield scope,and 35.8 grains of lever powder behind a lever bullet.
yesterday after sighting in i was hitting ,10 oz plastic bottles filled with food coloring and water at 200 yds :eek: (my version of an easter egg hunt ;D).i never tried my 30-30 at that distance before so you can imagine my pleasure in doing that.
now if only i can get my 308 back :'( :'(,it would be christmas in july ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts