Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thank you to all the LEOs out there. Today stopped to get a cup of coffee on my way to work, a pickup pulled out of the parking lot like crazy, if another car had been coming in he would have hit them. He pulled out onto the road and lost control, backed up got it straight and I was sitting behind him at the traffic light. I noticed he had Colorado plates, (long way from home) then just as the light turned a local LEO turned onto the road we were on and I noticed he eyeballed that truck very closely. As we went through the light I watched in my mirror as the LEO did a u-turn, the pickup hit the gas and was moving quickly down the road, then I saw the MD state trooper do a u-turn as well. I followed them (doing the speed limit) and another local joined in, when they stopped the truck, I pulled up one car length behind the last patrol car, they jumped out guns drawn and I knew to stay in my car. After they cuffed and stuffed the clown, the duty sergeant? pulled up behind me and I explained what I witnessed at the store, he told me the truck had been stolen, guess the reckless driving was the least of his (drivers) worries. The officer that I first saw u-turn took my information and told me he recognized the truck from a picture they had to keep an eye out for.
They were great people and they did a great job getting that clown (watching my language) off the street, the whole pursuit to cuff and stuff took about 10 minutes.
Good job to all of you.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
Pretty exciting, isn't it? :)

My first encounter with a LE takedown was at a traffic light in Tulsa about 40 years ago. We were just sitting there, my brother and I, minding our own business, the second car in line. We heard sirens, and then it seemed like every cop car within 50 miles came roaring in from all directions. The objects of their affections were the two guys in a crummy-looking old pickup truck five feet ahead of us, and my brother and I hunkered down in the front seat (he was driving) as the yelling and running cops swarmed the truck. Each occupant had a shotgun barrel pointed at his head, and they were pulled out of the truck and spread-eagled on the ground in short order. Several light cycles came and went as we watched all the fun, then both were cuffed, placed in the backs of separate cars, and hauled off. A State Patrolman moved their truck out of the intersection, then everyone heaved a collective sigh, and went back to breathing again.

My brother said there had been a string of liquor store robberies in past weeks, they mysteriously stopped after that little party in the intersection. When I went into LE many years later, my brother said it was probably because of that incident. Or maybe because I was a power-hungry control freak. ;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts