Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just maxed the BDT using my stock 10/22lr using CCI mini-mag HP's at 25 yards.

Need you to tell me if I really did do it or not.
But first I need to know how to upload the picture on here.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

The reason for the bigger groups is the wind was gusting bad. and it was also starting to get dark out.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Emial it to him,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is his email ?? I can't find it.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the books now!! I"m the 61st person to do this with the squirrel rifle now. John said it was a perfect 50. Thank you for the email address.
Been trying to do this for a year or so now and finaly did it. Took alot of patiance and finding the right ammo and gun but I finaly did it.

DoniphanRedneck

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Congrats to you.. its a great feeling to do it with squirrel rifle for sure..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah you sure are right about that!
one really big down fall hounts me right now though. The srews I had holding in the ring base stripped out right after the maxxing shot :x So now I'll have to drill and tap the holes ontop of the receiver now so I can mount a scope back on. On srew is still tight but the farther one back is stripped plum out. So it's going to be awhile before I shoot again with this gun.

DoniphanRedneck

For those that are tring to max this target.. it will make you a better shot completely then you were when you started.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for not posting back on this question didn't see it untill now.

I'm honestly not to sure as to how I striped them out. I shot at another target after shooting this one above and it was shooting a 2" patern not very good after shooting a 1/2" jsut before that. So I put 2 fingers ontop of my scope and moved them back and forth. The whole scope, base and rings all moved with them. I took my scope and rings off and then I took my screw driver and lightil tightend them down like you normally would you know. Well they never got tight not once! So I took them out and looked inside the screw hole and there where no treads anymore. So I either us the irons or retap the screw hole and get a slightly bigger screw.

A side note though... this is my fathers old hunting rifle and it's been used and used good so I think maybe he had broke the treads and didn't know it then when I tried to snug them up the broke out.

I'm still looking for the treader were ever it is laying around, but while doing that I disided to buy me a 10/22 also. It shoots just as good as my fathers.

Then dang treaders hide good I still aint found it!!

DoniphanRedneck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you... I'm really happy about it. :D

Now I see what you guys that have tried it are talking about on it makeing you atleast alittle better of a shoot.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts