Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless I missed a sticky somewhere (which is altogether possible) there's no Team for Savage 99 owners/collectors/shooters. Why don't we start one?:questionmark:

·
Super Moderator
23,779 Posts
We have a bunch of MO members who own the grand old 99. A Savage 99 club sounds good to me.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm in. I have my grandfathers 99-R in 300 savage. I have a picture of my grandfather holding the rifle with his hunting buddies with a doe someone shot taken likely in 40's in Michigan. His Savage 88 is the most accurate lever gun I have ever shot......scary accurate with hand loaded 150 gr Rem core-lokts.

CD

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So we have a number of people who are expressing interest in this - I understand there's a minimum of 50 to get legitimacy. Do we need to get a moderator or super-moderator to handle this, or....? I don't know the protocol for getting a team together.

Reactions: GrumpyBear

·
Registered
838 Posts
hold it! ain't ya gonna let us 1899-ers in too? not everybody's got one of them shiny new-fangled 99's! and what about the 1895 guys? you're leavin' a coupla pretty important decades behind, here! octagon barrels need a little lovin', too.
windy

·
Super Moderator
23,779 Posts
So we have a number of people who are expressing interest in this - I understand there's a minimum of 50 to get legitimacy. Do we need to get a moderator or super-moderator to handle this, or....? I don't know the protocol for getting a team together.
I would PM Swany and tell him you want to start a Team Savage 99. You would probably need to appoint a Captain and Co-Captain for the team first before contacting Swany.

Reactions: GrumpyBear
1 - 20 of 90 Posts