Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided not to sell the Glenfield model 40 (Marlin 49 .22LR) that I picked up a week ago. It just shoots too good to sell it off, and I've fallen completely in love with it anyway. It shoots so well, that it needs it's own team. Since there also appears to have been a Marlin model 49 12ga shotgun at one time, I think the name should be more specific. So I'd like to declare myself Team 49.22 member #1. Anybody else want to admit to owning one of these slightly rare rifles? Don't make me be a team all by myself.

Reactions: nervousmini

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, it should be no surprise that I'm interested. Sign me up, anything that needs to be done that I can help with?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea. I thought it was just a thing people do here. I don't think that the teams have any specific purpose unless I'm missing something.... But you could flood it with pictures if you like.

Reactions: nervousmini

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had a chance to stop by the Bass Pro in my area and check out the range today. Nice place, There are several lanes for handgun and rifle - but there is another room with a single lane for rifle only which had a selection of rifle rests to use at no extra charge. They also rent lanes by the half hour, which was nice since thats about all the time I had.

I've spent a few hours over the weekend cleaning, and smoothing out all the pieces on my 49DL and still making some improvements in performance. She'll fire pretty much anything now except subsonics and for some reason Federal Champions. I haven't adjusted the spring yet - I like to move in stages so I can undo any mistakes easier, so maybe that will help with those rounds it still doesn't like...

range73012.jpg

10 rounds of Fiocchi "Canned Heat"

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice group! Can't complain about one ragged hole, can you? Indoor range, so I'm guessing 25yds? They must change out their backstop pretty often. Those are very clean holes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I could complain about the grouping, but I don't think I'd find much sympathy. The range was only 50 feet and shooting into a tube with a backstop - I should have taken a picture of it, maybe next time... My only gripe was that shooting into the tube, the lighting inside of it was pretty lousy. It being such a short range I couldnt really work much on the 100yd accuracy I'm hoping to get, but it was a nice way to fire off a hundred rounds or so and keep fine tuning the mechanics. I'm going to clean up the surfaces of the internals a bit more and tweak the spring before I head back.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean. Every time I open one of my guns I see something else I'd like to have polished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts