681 Posts
Great pic Dave. Info on the rifle?

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MattPair said:
Great pic Dave. Info on the rifle?
T'wern't my rifle but ah thank twere Leverdude's or his'n boy's. ;)

Thanks for the PM Matt. I am soooo behind cause of the hunt!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
God those things are ugly, they give me the creeps.. ... the Hawgs, not the Marlin!!! :eek: :eek: ;D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice job! I really wanna kill one of those someday.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Awesome!!! 8)

I'm telling you folks!!!
Those lucky team cap's bring in the game!!! ;)
Don't leave home without it!!! ;D

My boy's gonna be jealous when he see's the pics!!! ::)
Looks like it was a lot of fun!!! :)
I hope we can make it there some day!!!

Do they smell as bad as they look?? ??? ;D

·
Registered
445 Posts
How'd you get your paws on my hat?!?!? ;D

Nice hawg!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I really like the Father & Son concept. Well done Sir!
As to hogs, geeezzzzz, I shoot 'em every week out at my job. We're overrun with the nasty beasties!
My Guide Gun gets lots of excersise! ;D And some of the really big nasty ones do have a fragrance all their own :p

But back to the team and the hunt, I am so glad that these events are going on, and Team 45-70 is involved. Salute!

Wade

·
Registered
124 Posts
What do I use on pigs? It varies as to what I wanna hit 'em with at the time....
Mostly I use a Lee 340 (comes out at 350 with my lead) and either 55 gr. by vol. of Triple 7 or 15.7 gr. of Trail Boss. Or,,,,,,36 gr. of 3031....All do a one shot kill.

Then if I want to really knock 'em off their feet I'll load an old Ideal 457124 that comes out at 405 gr. with 55 gr. by vol. of 777, or 65 gr. of FF BP, or.....14.5 gr. of Trail Boss.....These loads usually punch through two pigs that are side by side and I get a two-for-one shot! ;D That's happened twice! Yeah, that old slug will plow through some pigs I'm tellin ya!

Range is usually between 50 and 75 yds. as they tend to mill around the roadside and make it easy for me to drive up. Exit the truck, and then hunker down and blast 'em! :eek: I really like getting paid to kill hogs! A nice job perk!

Wade

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shhhhhh.

The guide didn't know that when he came up with that picture. Still vewy cool eh?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice pig Dave, what area were you huntin'

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was Ken's (Leverdude) and we were between Paul's Valley and Stratford Okla.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Father son hunts are as good as it gets. That's a nice looking gun, but I have to agree that's a butt ugly critter!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hoping to go after a few piggies myself tomorrow morning if the rain stops. Will drop some photos in if I do any good. Here's one I prepared earlier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts