Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spotted the post about Team 45-70 logo from a few months ago. Can anyone fill me in on how it turned out? The post just seem to stop without any diffinative conclusion. What did everyone decide on for the logo? I may get there late, but I"ll get there.

riflerick

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
It's still in limbo,

All feeback and ideas are welcome!!

Sometime in the next couple of months, I would like to make available team .45/70 patchs.
We will need a design of course by then to put on the patchs.

This time I will take the orders up front then order them.
I played around with a few designs online, the cost looks like it will be around $5 each.

Thank you for showing interest with the team logo!!!
Lets all get together and get something going!!! :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am sure I will order one, just not sure what I will put it on yet.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid I may have missed out. I thought the ideas are great, except I"d like to see both ends of history with say a guide gun and the Trapdoor Springfield, which I"m pretty sure was the first rifle chambered for the great 45-70. I love my Trapdoors as much as my Marlins.

riflerick

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
+1 on the Marlin and Trapdoor idea. I'd like to see a full length mag and scout scope on the Marlin too, and maybe a bayonet on the Trapdoor.....Maybe asking too much, I know, but my Trapdoor looks awesome with the pig-sticker mounted on it! :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forget to add, using the same design, there may be some interest in various colored coffee mugs or even a 4 or 5 inch window sticker for vehichles. What does everyone think.

riflerick

·
Registered
105 Posts
No hatred of Trapdoors, but the more graphics you cram into a limited amount of space, the smaller everthing becomes and the level of detail disappears. A good logo should be visible from at least something like 5-10 feet. Since this is Marlin Owners Team 45-70, it seems the logo should be more focused towards Marlin. Would it be possible the use Marlin's Font/Logo with their permission.

Just FYI: Marlin uses Royal Blue or Dark Blue with white lettering on their logo gear.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
lever addict said:
I want a model 1881 in 45-70 on the logo! ;D The first Marlin levergun 45 Gov. ;)
THERE ya go. 1881 and 1895 SBL crossed in the center, or something along those lines. I'd love a patch or three. :)

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Papa it looks like I need to start saving up!!! ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
like the idea with the 1881/1895. I'll take a couple, where do I send the check

·
Registered
633 Posts
A drawing of a 45-70 cartrage with 45-70 printed in it, sized accordingly to fit on a cap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts