Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! It's time for team 39 to decide on a logo. Right now, the challenge will be open only to members of Team 39. If you wish to enter the challenge but are not a current member, just request to be added in this thread.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,86976.0.html

What we would like to come up with is a logo that we can use for the membership to make avatars, signature line pictures, and stuff like that but also something that we could potentially use to make hats or T-shirts like some of the other teams have done. As always, any and all proceeds from such endeavors would go to the benefit of the Marlin Owners forum. The winner of the challenge will receive 500 rounds of 22LR ammunition from my personal cache which includes quite a varied mix. I will list those at the end and the winner can take their pick.

So let's begin with the ideas. As soon as we get some prospects, we can put them up for a vote by the Team 39 members. Here are some ideas that have been thrown out in the team sign up thread. Keep in mind that you aren't limited to photos. Get creative if you have some artistic ability. Good luck!

By MarlinXL7

By MarlinXL7

By marlinmounter

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
500rds of ammo? I'd better download a decent design program. :D

Not a logo, but here's a hi-res photo of a modern 39A in case anyone wants to use it. It'll also work well as a signature photo if you resize it.

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
I picture this........................
A tree with a squirrel peeking out from a limb, a butt end view from the end of a Marlin 39A with a wisp of white smoke curling off the barrel.

Somewhere else is.. IF you MUST smoke 'em, smoke 'em right.. Marlin 39 style.

Mr fixit ;D ;D

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm not an artsy-craftsy kind of guy, so I won't be submitting an entry.

But for those of you that do...

Consider the idea of printing the logo on a baseball cap when you design.

While the above pictures are cool on my computer screen, they won't work at all on a baseball cap. The backgrounds are too busy and there are too many colors.

They might be printable on a tee shirt, however.

Personally, I would LOVE to buy a Team 39 baseball cap and sport it around knowing the proceeds went here.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Ah-ha! An idea! How about two logos, one for people's signatures, t-shirts and bumper stickers, and one for baseball caps and coffee mugs? 8)

CKB, I assume that after you've got a bunch of entries you'll be running a poll? Or will you and 450 Sniper pick the winning design? Also, I think that the winner should receive a Team 39 bumper sticker. ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MarlinXL7 said:
Ah-ha! An idea! How about two logos, one for people's signatures, t-shirts and bumper stickers, and one for baseball caps and coffee mugs? 8)

CKB, I assume that after you've got a bunch of entries you'll be running a poll? Or will you and 450 Sniper pick the winning design? Also, I think that the winner should receive a Team 39 bumper sticker. ;)
That is a good idea. I had thought about that possibility myself but am glad you brought it up. So, now I think I will double the challenge. :eek: Lets try and come up with a couple different logos that will fit in the two spots. One that will be suitable for hats and one that will works for the other stuff. That means that there is a total of 1000 rounds of 22LR ammo available to win. ;D

MarlinXL7, my thought was to take a poll at the end so everyone could vote on all the entries. As far as the sticker goes, lets tackle one thing at a time. ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
CKB said:
As far as the sticker goes, lets tackle one thing at a time. ;D
Shoot, you mean I'm actually going to have to buy one? :eek: :D

Here's another prospective entry. Don't laugh too much. :D :-X (And yeah, that's the 39A by which I'm a member of Team 39.)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MarlinXL7 said:
Shoot, you mean I'm actually going to have to buy one? :eek: :D

Here's another prospective entry. Don't laugh too much. :D :-X (And yeah, that's the 39A by which I'm a member of Team 39.)
I REALLY like the left hand part of that, it has a "heritage" feel to it that I think would go well with Team 39. It would be great to have it widened just a tad and if Team 39 could be added under Marlin it would be sweet. Looks like I may need to start packing up some ammo. :eek: ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
CKB said:
I REALLY like the left hand part of that, it has a "heritage" feel to it that I think would go well with Team 39. It would be great to have it widened just a tad and if Team 39 could be added under Marlin it would be sweet. Looks like I may need to start packing up some ammo. :eek: ;D
Thy will will be done. :'(

Some more:
(I think my coffee-mug/baseball-cap logo will be the perfect conversation starter. "What the heck do you have a '39' on your cap for?" "Well, it's like this......." :D )

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ya know...

I'm kinda diggin the big blue 39 for the ballcap entry.

Maybe with a line of text under it...

"Annie Oakley knew what it's about"

Or something...

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Somehow those logos I did last night don't seem as good this morning. How about this one:

·
Registered
57 Posts
MarlinXL7 said:
Somehow those logos I did last night don't seem as good this morning. How about this one:
I'm not part of the 39 group but I do have a suggestion: Change the URL to www.MarlinOwners.com and move the URL to the right (under the barrel) so it won't be a distraction from the beautiful picture of the 39.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
btolle said:
I'm not part of the 39 group but I do have a suggestion: Change the URL to www.MarlinOwners.com and move the URL to the right (under the barrel) so it won't be a distraction from the beautiful picture of the 39.
I'll see what I can do. I put the URL where it is because when the logo is resized to fit a signature line it'll be hard so see unless it's relatively big.

P.S.: CKB, I kinda like your old avatar. :'( Now you have to give it to me so it isn't lost to posterity. :D

EDIT: See below.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MarlinXL7, I super appreciate the work you are doing with these logos, it is much appreciated and they look great! I haven't been in front of the screen much the last couple of days so sorry for my lack of response. Let's keep this going and see how many ideas we can come up wit. Come on folks, we have over 80 Team 39 members, surely there are some more of you with ideas and talent? ;D

MXL7, the avatar is back by popular demand. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
MarlinXL7, I like the logo with the shorter URL. It looks a lot 'cleaner' and the rifle shows up more prominently. Excellent work!

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I like the logo in reply #12, but I have a couple of suggestions. You might want to add some height to the logo so as to have a thicker white section. That would allow for the "Team 39" words to be a mite bigger. Also, when you were erasing some of the blue band, you should have erased the bit of blue at the butt end of the stock. It's somewhat distracting.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Modified it a bit for ya. I didn't make it higher as I want it relatively thin to fit people's signatures, but I think I made "Team 39" stand out more. Also erased most of the blue spots.

(The second logo is sized about right for signatures, I think.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just joined the team. Here's a logo idea built around the Marlin "bullseye". I am not a graphic designer so someone else would have to do that, but you all get the idea. The "39" in the center is covered with small dots. To the trained eye those would be bullet holes. Sorry, I don't know how to make it visible, except by following the link below. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MuleCrazy said:
I had posted some where a bit ago and then contacted HOTSHOT about doing a logo with 39A's , he said he is working on one ..
this is what he had on 45-70 team post and a few said it would be good for the rimfires...

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=87009.0;attach=39280

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=87009.0;attach=39282
That second one with Team 39 instead of 40-70,and with only 1 rifle plus the squirrel, would be great for a hat.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts