Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We "Members of Team 1894" challenge the other site recognized teams (45/70, 30-30, 35, 444, and whoever else that can muster up the courage) to the Big Medicine's & Sidespin's Postal Match II. In so doing we the members of Team 1894 will only use our 1894's for this challenge.

That being said, we'll be shooting at 25, 50, 100, 200 & 300 yards. We can shoot from a bench using a front and rear rest per match rules.

Targets are attached in either format (Word or PDF), pick the format that you can open. Note when you print the target on the scaling click on none.

When you fill in the data on the target make sure to indicate what Team you are representing!

Team 1894 participants should place their targets in an envelope and mail them to me:

[send me a PM for my address]



All targets must be post marked by August 15th. After final scoring of each submittal I'll take the top ten best scores and add them up, divide by ten and that will be the score we use for our team. That info along with the top ten targets will be sent into Big Medicine & Sidespin for overall Team Challenge scoring.

I'll also post the top ten best in each match category for bragging rights... ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
This should be interesting.. but does this mean we would have to go up against Rowdy and his Trail Boss loaded 1895? He is deadly with that thing.. ::) This is not a challenge to take lightly if it is.. I am afraid with my eyesight and a million other excuses I wont be able to participate.. I would only bring disgrace to the team! ;D I do hope there are some real shooters who take it up however! :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: roybean1894

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eaglesnest said:
This should be interesting.. but does this mean we would have to go up against Rowdy and his Trail Boss loaded 1895? He is deadly with that thing.. ::) This is not a challenge to take lightly if it is.. I am afraid with my eyesight and a million other excuses I wont be able to participate.. I would only bring disgrace to the team! ;D I do hope there are some real shooters who take it up however! :D
Rowdy be damned, 1894's rule (at least in this thread). ;D OBTW, don't pay any attention to my member name............. :) ;) :D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
I don't have a range to shoot to 200 yards or farther, about the farthest I could go is 150 yards. Does that eliminate me from competing? Dan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,841 Posts
Just keep sending Rowdy beer, keeping him cross-eyed and you have nothing to worry about. Besides he couldn't ever win the 100 yd Scoped Division. His eyes are just too good for that. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bowhunter472401 said:
I don't have a range to shoot to 200 yards or farther, about the farthest I could go is 150 yards. Does that eliminate me from competing? Dan
No sir, you can still participate in the shorter ranges. Read the rules for which ones you'll use. Depends on if you are using iron sights or scope! Glad you will be joining in....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,790 Posts
Come on in eaglesnest,the waters fine.Dont let em see ya sweat brother. Rear bag? you guys have everthing! Guess I could put some sand in a crown royal bag, and put another fence post closer ;D But Dad might not like it, so I might break out grandmas old sewing machine stand. Hope theres plenty of room to write the kind of rounds Im useing. Because all I have is 7 or 8 mismatched rounds ;) Hope theres some fuel in the tractor so I can bushhog me a shooting lane. If not them old 35s will have to bushhog there way to the target ;D Sure would like to shoot with you guys in person one day.Wed have a time. Gunrunner,,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
gunrunner said:
Come on in eaglesnest,the waters fine.Dont let em see ya sweat brother. Rear bag? you guys have everthing! Guess I could put some sand in a crown royal bag, and put another fence post closer ;D But Dad might not like it, so I might break out grandmas old sewing machine stand. Hope theres plenty of room to write the kind of rounds Im useing. Because all I have is 7 or 8 mismatched rounds ;) Hope theres some fuel in the tractor so I can bushhog me a shooting lane. If not them old 35s will have to bushhog there way to the target ;D Sure would like to shoot with you guys in person one day.Wed have a time. Gunrunner,,
Well the truth be known, my 1895 shoots better than my 1894, in either its 44 mag or 45 Colt incarnation. Maybe I should take up the challenge with the 45/70! ;D Seriously, I haven't had enough time to find a good load for my 1894 now that it is a 45. Just too much crappy weather and not enough time so far this year..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
I didn't see anything saying otherwise, so I guess I'll be representing Team 39 with my XL7 in .30-06. I think I'll try out the 25- and 50-yard targets. Those prizes are whispering to me... ;D ;D ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,790 Posts
First thing I thought of was my mauser in 35 remington ;D But I like the idea of levers,there my fav anyway. Got some questions, is this a team shoot,if so how many to a team? Is there going to be places such as 1st 2nd and 3rd? Dont think it should go back no further,Mother wouldnt want to see my name to far back in the pack ;)Didnt see any info on this and I missed out on the last one.Has anybody sent a challenge to team see through? Wouldnt be right without the see through crew ;D And last but not least,if I do place,what should I wear? ;D Dont want my outfit to clash with anyone elses ;D All kidding aside there is a few things, like the team scoreing that Im confused about. Gunrunner,,Team 35..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
MarlinXL7 said:
I didn't see anything saying otherwise, so I guess I'll be representing Team 39 with my XL7 in .30-06. I think I'll try out the 25- and 50-yard targets. Those prizes are whispering to me... ;D ;D ;D
It DOES say "lever action".

1895Gunner said:
levers boys, levers.....
C'mon 1895Gunner! XL=Side Lever! 8)

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Somebody needs to sneak over to Rowdy's house and take all the boolits out of his catridges!!!!! ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,790 Posts
Its in the fridge Brotherman. Girlie gun team! ;D Heck, Ill drank to that! ;D Them boys are scared of you like your smallpox or something ;D Shoot" if Im going to be beat,I want it to be by a good en ;D Gunrunner,Team 35.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,790 Posts
Did anybody ask team old pharts to inter? Better lock the caps, because them fellars cant hear to good ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
gunrunner said:
Its in the fridge Brotherman. Girlie gun team! ;D Heck, Ill drank to that! ;D Them boys are scared of you like your smallpox or something ;D Shoot" if Im going to be beat,I want it to be by a good en ;D Gunrunner,Team 35.
Thank You Sir for the beer. :)
I look forward to shooting with you in this years match. I aint nothing special, just skin an bones like most folks. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,790 Posts
Looking forward to it.But Ill be useing open sights at 50 most likely.While your doing the Annie Oakley over the shoulder in the next zip code exhibition shots ;D Im no threat,Just proud to try.Reacon theyd give me a award just for intering your catergory?? ;D If n I do,Dont take it personal if I pray you get a Gnat in your eye,evertime you go to shoot ;D Think its the only chance we have ;) Randy,,
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top