Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just mounted a tasco on a 243 cal rifle that ive been working on just last night, but its not that exact model. I've found them to be good scopes for the price. My son has had a world class (dont know the exact model) on a 7mm mag for several years and he's not had any problems with it. I had this one (4x12) on another rifle and replaced it with a redfield 2x7 to save some weight on that gun. Ive used this one on several different rifles but I always seem to be replacing it . i cant really say i've had any problems with it, or have had any exact reason for for replacing it, I just dont like the adjustable objective and all the bells and whistles this one has on a hunting scope, but thats just me, its no reflection on the scope per say.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
For the Same Money/$$$/ Price Range: Buy a Weaver "Kaspa" Series Scope.
You WILL Be Much Happier & Will have a Much Higher Quality Scope.
Look around online (eBay, opticsplanet or SWFA)
You can find a Weaver in 3-12 or 4-16 in the Same Price Range.
I have Owned a New Tasco World Class 4-16X40. Bought it New & Sold it 2 Days Later.
The Glass on the Tasco is Clear, But, Not Very Bright. Especially at Higher Magnification.
The Weaver "Kaspa's" on the other hand are Excellent Scopes.
Great Eye Relief (114-93mm),Edge to Edge Clarity & Super Bright (Exit Pupil 16.6-5.5mm).
I have 3 of them & 2 are on my Marlins. A 3-9X40 on my .30-30 & a 2-7X32 on my .444.
Just bought a 3-12X50 for my Single Shot Mossberg SSi-1 in .223 (Spec,s Given Above)
Check them out Here Weaver - Riflescopes - KASPA
Low Cost Scopes w/ Very High End/High Cost Features & Performance.
UncleSarge58

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I got the Tasco for $75 new, decent enough scope, for the money.

Put it on a 22, even had it my 303, but haven't used it past 100 yards or at twilight

I wouldn't expect much from it on my 243 at 400 yards....

Reactions: Plink plink

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the scope you are asking about and have used it on one of my AR's for prairie doggin' and have been happy with it. I originally bought it for 4-gun 600 matches but I bought the mil-dot reticle and the dots were too big for that purpose. It's a fairly long scope but the optics are good and the tracking has been very repeatable. You might want to look at a plex or fine dot for your purposes. Good deal for the price.

Reactions: Plink plink

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A mate sent me an old tasco he was given, it's scratched a fair bit but still nice and smooth and the glass is quite nice, I'll keep it for the next .22 which will probably be one for my wife.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.