Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get to the range May 24th and again yesterday for some handgun practice. I wanted to work on my draw and shoot. So I did. It was draw, find my sight target and pull off 2 shots as fast as possible. The problem is that I keep shooting to the left (I am averaging an approx. 15" group at 7 yards) with a few flyers that were off onto the edge of the target (the target is a picture of a "bad guy" pointing a revolver at you). So after 160 rounds, I decided to sloowww down and see what I am doing wrong. If I take my time I group into approx. 5" at 7 yards, but still to the left (this is right handed, left eye). If I shoot left handed, left eye, I still get the 5" group, but now I am shooting to the right (I am at least consistant!! 8) . Is this maybe caused by trigger push? My finger is on the trigger just above the first knuckle (between the knuckle and tip). Should I move more towards the knuckle or is it something else, like turning my hand as I am squeezing the trigger? Yesterday I was shooting my Glock 19, and May 25th it was the Glock 17 I carry at work.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Num 1
I am certainly not an expert at pistol or revolver but this book helped me tremendously when I got it in the early 1980's.
It's written in a style of bygone days but contains a lot of information and although you are shooting a pistol many things will still be applicable.
Practice is the main thing he stresses,concentrating on trigger control.
This is a brag - but its true - after reading this book & a lot of practice with my reloads I got to where I could consistantly hit & "bounce" soda cans at 25yds. with my S&W .38 in double action mode rapid fire. He has a method he calls the "poke" for re-acquiring your target for subsequent shots that really works.
It will not help for Tuesday since it takes a while to ship but I believe it will help in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/083...195865?_encoding=UTF8&p=S002&ns=1#reader-page

Read the reviews in the middle of the next link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0832905577/103-9976547-0195865?v=glan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts