Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Buffal Classic 45-70 ordered, don't know when it will get here since my dealer has it back ordered. I can wait, but I am thinking of putting a tang type peep sight on it when it does get here. Since the rifle does not really have a tang, how do you mount it? Do you just mount it on the wrist of the stock with wood screws? I would like to use the Marble's tang sight. Any advice is welcome, and thanks in advance for I will not be able to check messages for at least 14 hours.

·
Registered
903 Posts
B/C

1903A3, sorry to take so long to reply, I didn't see your message. I and a bunch of others have mounted rear tang sights on the B/C.
Some have a tang fitted to the rear of the action; most just inlet the sight base into the wrist of the stock. I inletted a seperate base into mine so I can remove the rear tang as needed.
Take care with the vertical alignment when you inlet it....make it perpendicular to the barrel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased a Marbles tang sight from Midwayusa. It comes with wood screws as the BC does not have a tang. I drilled holes smaller than the screws in to the wrist and mounted the sight.. Works fine. I use the rifel often in Cowboy side matches at 200 yds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts