Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is TALO? I recently came across a Marlin with the following model designation and would like to know what TALO means.

Marlin 1984SC (TALO) 44 Mag - 16 1/4" barrel, blued, straight walnut stock
limited run 1-1550, made in 1996

I'm assuming that TALO is an acronym. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I never heard of the TALO animal, but, I would be interested in it's definition myself.

Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sure are pretty... and I sure would like to own one. Sadly this one ain't mine. I just called Marlin CS. They said TALO was the "buyers group" that put in the order for this special run. Said he thought TALO was an acronym but couldn't remember what it stood for.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Did some googling of “Marlin TALO” came across this page of "STORE BRAND" TO MANUFACTURER CROSS REFERENCE”
http://www.thehuntersden.com/Shop%20Cross%20Reference%20List.htm
Looks like “Talo” is a store brand.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've got the 45 Colt version of the TALO. Super fun gun to shoot. Quite accurate to 100 yards too. I like H110 and Hornady 250 XTP's at full power.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, Howie. You must google better than I, as I recall looking there before starting this thread. I acutally yahoo more times than not and it didn't turn up anything either.

Nonetheless, if Marlin currently made one of these, I'd have to have one. Maybe they're listening...

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I came close to buying a 45 Colt version of the 1894TALO in 2000, but bought my limited edition 1894D in 44-40 instead. Marlin made 1050 1894TALOs in 45 Colt in 1997.

Best as I remember, the acronym TALO was for some group in Ohio. There was a thread about the series on the old Marlin Talk boards.

Willy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts