Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to share some tall tales about Idaho and invite some about your area. These are true, but that is secondary.

A few years ago some would be zoo keepers set up shop in Eastern Idaho. They had lions and tigers and wolves. Located their zoo, not in the middle of nowhere but, not too far off a road heading that direction. They fed their animals but were deficient on watering and nonexistent on cleaning and inspecting the cages. Some of the animals broke through the back of their cages and took to wandering down to a creek for water and a constitutional. Incredibly, many also returned to their cages, people being none the wiser. Eventually the smell reached the road and the government shut the zoo down. That’s when the holes in the cages and well worn paths to and from the creek were discovered. The would be zoo keepers refused to give the number of animals they had originally had. Only the number of animals still remaining could be ascertained. At least one African lion has since been taken in the deer season.

This part of Idaho is a high desert surrounded by mountains. But we have a lot of hot springs. Fish farming is a local industry. One has branched out into alligator farming, as well. Works out well, the alligators thrive in the hot spring water and take care of disposing of the culls of the fish farming part. Idaho has been exporting both alligator meat and tanned, well, whatever one calls alligator skin. Idaho has now branched out into breeding alligators for their hatchlings. Tourists can come to some of our hot springs and watch the alligators lounging about in their hot water year round.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I believe that!

There were two Africian lion sightings in Gahanna, Ohio awhile back in the rough vicinity of where she lives......had to chuckle: She said she dug out one of my old BB guns and had 'er ready :roll: :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts