Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking myself into a Montana Vintage Arms [MVA] #130 tang sight and would very much like to hear from y'all that are using it, OR hates it! It's $285 today, and doesn't include the front sight for about $96. I had a most enjoyable experience with the lady taking calls & running the office. Seems like a quality operation based on my first impression. Any commments relating to their products and/or support? Thanks.

Wally

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Send Wind a PM--he's a walking billboard for MVA sights. I'm sure he'll set you straight on whatever you choose.

Steve

·
Registered
338 Posts
I purchased a Mid-range #108 tang sight, Hadley eyepiece, and Spirit level Globe front sight from them recently for my Pedersoli Sharps. First Class all the way. It took longer to get the sights than I was originally told, but the wait was worth it. You are right about the lady taking calls. She helped me pick out what I needed. Found out she shoots a Sharps also.
Was thinking in the future about a their Lyman type tang sight for my 1894 Marlin. I don't think you will go wrong with one of their sights.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a bunch of MVA sights, and another on the way right now. They are the gold standard when it comes to tang sights.

I recommend the #131 over the 130 however.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there Walstr -- Cheryl has come in second place in the Crazy Cora category at The Quigley many times. You didn't mention what rifle you wanted to put it on. I'd recommend the #108 for the extra $30 or so. Get yourself a Skinner blade front sight and don't sweat the globe. If you still have a hankering, get one later. The #108 will reach out there quite a ways and you won't be as limited as you would with the shorter model. If you're putting it on an 1895 or 336 - go with the 1895 base. There is some discussion here on mounting them...http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/45-70-govt/107586-tang-sight.html

View attachment 69568

Here is a #108 set up on my 1894 32-20 which scored three in a row a 800 yards Monday. Might be able to get 1,000... Just ran out of bullets!! Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I got an MVA on Wind's recommendation and after reading other reports on this forum. COULD NOT Be MORE PLEASED WITH IT.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BrentD---Pls. tell me more about your conclusion/advice re: #130 vs 131.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I got an MVA on Wind's recommendation and after reading other reports on this forum. COULD NOT Be MORE PLEASED WITH IT.
Of course he couldn't be more pleased with it. John only hit the 650 yard dinger 6 times in a row with his beautiful vintage .32-40 at the Happenz III.

John Grin.jpg

The grin tells all!

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
walstr, don't mean to pass the buck but Wind'd be the better to tell you. My only experience is with the #108.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts