Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
selling my 1894css, JM.

Recently found out I'm being let go. I'm not desperate yet, but was considering downsizing a bit. This gun is like sasquatch, as many of you know, and was thinking it might be good to try to sell it while it has some value and put the money away.

Or...keep it?

Like I said, not desperate yet...

·
Registered
661 Posts
I traded my 1894c 20 years ago and have been trying to get it back for the last few years. Just keep it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep it...
Where in N. GA mtns? We are in Savannah and heading to Helen in two weeks to visit.

Also, what is GA Marlin owners and why aren't I part of it? :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I traded my 1894c 20 years ago and have been trying to get it back for the last few years. Just keep it.
That's the biggest fear I have about selling it...regret.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
I'm in Cleveland about 10 miles from Helen.As far as Ga Marlin Owners I saw a sticky:hmmmm: when I first joined the forum and just joined up.
We're leaving :driver:for Cades Cove this weekend should be back by then, holler when you get up here...

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
i vote keep it until you absolutely have to sell. I just cannot seem to sell or trade any of my guns, although I seriously have been considering selling a few of the 22's I have as just sick about trying to keep feeding them. but I still have all of them

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Cleveland about 10 miles from Helen.As far as Ga Marlin Owners I saw a sticky:hmmmm: when I first joined the forum and just joined up.
We're leaving :driver:for Cades Cove this weekend should be back by then, holler when you get up here...
Will do! Been to Cleveland. We don't have kids but we were curious to see the Babyland General Hospital. Uh, interesting place...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom.

Also, thank you for not trying to take advantage of an unfortunate situation with PMs with offers to buy it. Appreciate everyone's honesty. I will keep it.

Reactions: Owen49

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
selling my 1894css, JM.

Recently found out I'm being let go. I'm not desperate yet, but was considering downsizing a bit. This gun is like sasquatch, as many of you know, and was thinking it might be good to try to sell it while it has some value and put the money away.

Or...keep it?

Like I said, not desperate yet...
Keep it airborne. It'll only go up in value and you'll regret getting rid of it.

There are better ways to make extra money Brother. Especially if you're not desperate or having to feed the kids or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good idea Paratrooper, I have an 1894CS that I've had for a few years now, and while I am only in my late 30's, my kids are already fighting over who gets it when I'm gone lol. (I need at least two more, a CSS for me and a second CS for my other daughter lol) Its DEFINITELY worth keeing as a future heirloom

·
Registered
792 Posts
No need to sell. Keep it as long as you can (as you have been told a dozen or so times already). Good luck in finding work. I am sure things will work out; times are getting better.

cheers,

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Good luck my friend, hope all works out

·
Registered
910 Posts
keep it, kill a limit of deer in next month or two, skip the meat isle at wal-mart, then put it up for a while

Reactions: Reicher

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wish for you better times in the future, and keep the rifle if at all possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts