Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a quest for a hyphenated Marlin,but I ran into a Cowboy 44 mag a couple weeks ago at a gun show.Everytime I passed the table he was on he cried out for me to please adopt him.How could I resist???Then a short time later I notice muffled noises emitting from my Gun safe.I opened the door and could faintly hear(I want my brother)It haunted me as any time I was near the safe I could hear the pleading.So I went on a quest and made a deal with a friend on a 38-55 Cowboy.It required one of my Husqvarna Light weight rifles along with cash and yes my left(you know what)to pry it out of his grasp.Now they are reunited and there are songs of joy from my safe!!!!!!:biggrin:Now I just have to go back to my friends house and pick up the Reciever sight we could not find the day of the transaction.Range report on the brothers in the future!!!!
The 38-55

[URL=http://s264.photobucket.com/user/OLBIKER_photo/media/TC44%20mag/Two%20Cowboys/DSC02181.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

Reactions: OLBIKER

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ol Biker,

I've got some terrible news for you. It appears you have contracted the disease known as Cowboy Marlinitis. I had an extremely bad case of it a few years ago. I ended up with an 1895CB, 1897CB, 2 1894CB .45's and 2 1894CB .32's. I did find a cure, unfortunately. It's called an economic downturn!! I now only have 1 1894CB .45 and an 1893 .30-30 w/26"oct. bbl that was made in 1898. Enjoy'em while you got'em.

C.S.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ol Biker,

I've got some terrible news for you. It appears you have contracted the disease known as Cowboy Marlinitis. I had an extremely bad case of it a few years ago. I ended up with an 1895CB, 1897CB, 2 1894CB .45's and 2 1894CB .32's. I did find a cure, unfortunately. It's called an economic downturn!! I now only have 1 1894CB .45 and an 1893 .30-30 w/26"oct. bbl that was made in 1898. Enjoy'em while you got'em.

C.S.
Unfortunately ,I know exactly what you mean,Somethings going to have to go now or Mama aint gonna be happy!!!:(

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I've had very good luck with the wet dog bullet as have many others. I would mention that Trinidad Bill has been shooting the 375449 checked bullet with a decent load of 3031 with great accuracy also. You might hit him up for details on it. I've had that mold for a couple years and aim to be trying it directly. It's heavier with than the wet dog by 25 grains or so and it has a good record in the 375.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
About as nice a pair as you can draw. So what is next? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About as nice a pair as you can draw. So what is next? :biggrin:

No definite plans ,but you never know what you might run into!!!!I plan on getting these two to shoot good for a start!!!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Reactions: OLBIKER and erimort

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Just when I think I'm going to get out....

Somebody comes along and reels me back in..... sweet pair buddy!!!!

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Heard a lot of stuff about the 38-55 CB's bore diameter. Mine is a 377 and works very well with bullets sized to 379. Will not chamber Winchester brass and a 379 bullet but will the Starline. I am going to start playing with a different combination as my rifle absolutel detests Lee liquie dbullet lube, unlike my 30-30's and 32-20 which thrive on the stuff. Why this rifle I do not know but when I use bullets without it they shoot better.

DEP

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No,after 44 years she`s a keeper.Puts up with most of my hunting trips and gun purchases.Just don`t want to push her over the edge!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
425 Posts
No,after 44 years she`s a keeper.Puts up with most of my hunting trips and gun purchases.Just don`t want to push her over the edge!!!:biggrin:
I'll help you there, just pack em up and send them out to me, then we will all be happy ;)

BTW, they are beautiful, good job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts